cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you log time for Fixed-Price Contracts?

Highlighted
A.N.M. Saiful I Member Since: Apr 24, 2017
1 of 5

I can see there's an option in the Upwork Time Tracker app to log time for the Fixed-Price Contracts, where this does not belong to the billing I believe.

My question is, what's the benefit of loging hours for such contract type? Is it just to increase the number of hours worked in the profile?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Maria P Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Fixed-Price contracts can be tracked using the Upwork Desktop App but they do not qualify for Hourly Protection, they only qualify for Fixed-Price Protection.

Time logged on fixed-priced contracts is for tracking purposes only and will not be counted towards your total work hours displayed on your profile.

Source

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 of 5

Thank you so much for your reply, Maria. I understand they do not qualify for Hourly Protection, but how do they qualify for Fixed-Price Protection? As a proof of work?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
4 of 5

Recording your hours on a fixed price contract is something that you can do if you want to use Upwork's app to keep track of your productivity levels but it serves no other purpose. I have used the option from time to time just to get a measure of how long it takes me to complete a particular project. Be aware that if you choose to log hours on a fixed price contract, the client can see the screenshots for time that is recorded (if they ever care to look). 

Highlighted
5 of 5

Excellent reply, Tonya. Thank you so much. :-)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS