🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why do you log time for Fixed-Price Contracts...
Page options
anmsaiful
Community Member

Why do you log time for Fixed-Price Contracts?

I can see there's an option in the Upwork Time Tracker app to log time for the Fixed-Price Contracts, where this does not belong to the billing I believe.

My question is, what's the benefit of loging hours for such contract type? Is it just to increase the number of hours worked in the profile?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tropicany
Community Member

Fixed-Price contracts can be tracked using the Upwork Desktop App but they do not qualify for Hourly Protection, they only qualify for Fixed-Price Protection.

Time logged on fixed-priced contracts is for tracking purposes only and will not be counted towards your total work hours displayed on your profile.

Source

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tropicany
Community Member

Fixed-Price contracts can be tracked using the Upwork Desktop App but they do not qualify for Hourly Protection, they only qualify for Fixed-Price Protection.

Time logged on fixed-priced contracts is for tracking purposes only and will not be counted towards your total work hours displayed on your profile.

Source

Thank you so much for your reply, Maria. I understand they do not qualify for Hourly Protection, but how do they qualify for Fixed-Price Protection? As a proof of work?

tlbp
Community Member

Recording your hours on a fixed price contract is something that you can do if you want to use Upwork's app to keep track of your productivity levels but it serves no other purpose. I have used the option from time to time just to get a measure of how long it takes me to complete a particular project. Be aware that if you choose to log hours on a fixed price contract, the client can see the screenshots for time that is recorded (if they ever care to look). 

anmsaiful
Community Member

Excellent reply, Tonya. Thank you so much. 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members