cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why does 75% job success look like less than 50% on my profile.

nicholasxcato
Nicholas C Member Since: Feb 23, 2017
1 of 6

As the title says, this is very misleading to any potential client who visits my profile. Not even metioning the fact that my 75% rating is due to a 2.5/5 score from a client who attempted to take my work without paying. Whats up with upworks scoring system?

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 12.46.27 PM.png

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Nicholas,

The blue bar is a representation of your score. The reason it may appear shorter is that the bar is centered on the average score of the market. We are displaying a scale from 50-100% JSS. Anything less than 50% JSS will not display the visual.

~ Valeria
Upwork
nicholasxcato
Nicholas C Member Since: Feb 23, 2017
3 of 6

Sorry i dont understand. The average score of the market? what does that mean exactly? Is the blue bar a representation of my personal score with my clients or the average score of everyone in the market?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 6

It's your score as represented on the 50-100 scale Valeria mentioned. Only the top half of the range shows, so if you are at 75%, you fall right in the middle of the range displayed.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

@Nicholas C wrote:

Is the blue bar a representation of my personal score with my clients or the average score of everyone in the market?

It shows how you compare to the average of all other freelancers with a JSS. To be honest, a JSS of 75% is appalling whichever way a blue bar represents it, and clients who don't pay attention to the number won't pay attention to the blue line either.

felipeharo
Community Leader
Felipe H Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
6 of 6
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS