🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why does my 100% JSS, Top Rated, $10,000+, 10...
Page options
aada5fef
Community Member

Why does my 100% JSS, Top Rated, $10,000+, 100% 5.0 Star profile appear at the bottom of results?

Hi

I happen to speak Spanish, which makes this easier. If I search for "C#", selecting UK only and Other languages = Spanish then my profile appears on Page 9. The first two profiles are not C# Programmers. All the other profiles on Page 9 have never completed a job. Why is my account being scored so low by Upwork?

Really, really hoping you can solve this as I have been working extremely hard to over-achieve on every job but I am being hidden from new clients.

Many thanks

Pete

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Peter,

Just to clarify, freelancer and client profiles have different search filters/results. 
Regarding the search results, please keep in mind that all freelancers are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone has a fair chance to be discovered. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your response Goran, although it doesn't answer my question.

I am searching using both my freelancer account and client account, both return my profile 10 pages down on a page with freelancers who have never completed a job. Most of the freelancers above me have nothing to do with the skills requested. This is not rotating profiles; there is something about my profile that is causing it to be scored so low that it appears at the bottom of the search results. What is specifically about my profile that is causing this please?

Thank you in advance

Hi Peter,

I can see that you're already communicating with our team via ticket. One of our team remembers will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Peter, please do keep us posted 🙂

Will do Felicia Smiley Wink

tlbp
Community Member

Peter M wrote:

Thanks for your response Goran, although it doesn't answer my question.

I am searching using both my freelancer account and client account, both return my profile 10 pages down on a page with freelancers who have never completed a job. Most of the freelancers above me have nothing to do with the skills requested. This is not rotating profiles; there is something about my profile that is causing it to be scored so low that it appears at the bottom of the search results. What is specifically about my profile that is causing this please?

Thank you in advance

Have you used your client account to assess how many freelancers offer C+? It is possible that it could take a year or more for the algo to feature everyone on the rotation. 

I wonder if there are not enough UK only + Spanish language profiles (and/or searches) for the algorithm to be calibrated to surface that result. Maybe the secondary search terms aren't considered when placing individuals on the rotation.

Also, the Upwork algo does not operate like a general web search. For example, some of us suspect that the more often you send proposals, the more likely you are to surface in client searches. So, the algo may favor "actively seeking gigs" profiles. How do you rank when you narrow your search to Top Rated or minimum amount earned profiels? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members