🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why does my profile not show up in Google sea...
Page options
subtlygold
Community Member

Why does my profile not show up in Google search?

Hello!

I'm trying to improve my visibility online but when I type in my full name in Google, my Upwork profile does not show up. It used to show up a couple of months ago but it doesn't anymore. It does, however, show up when I type in 'Alya U. Upwork'. I checked my settings and I have the 'full name' option selected for my profile so I don't know why this is happening. What should I do to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
renegate2502
Community Member

Hello Alya U.

I read your post and that's good point. In my experience, Google SEO is special and sensitive with domain url. If you don't purchase membership, you profile url didn't involve your name or something simliar. I think it will prevent for ranking up and sometimes it's not showing in google search.

It's not relative with Upwork though. I hope it's help you to understand google search engine.

Thanks.

I understand that you mention about google algorithm but what happen with upwork search. few months ago when someone type with my skills my profile showed in first page but now my profile not even show with my full name. and my profile always set public 

Hi Mohammed,

Please keep in mind that freelancers in search results on Upwork are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone has a fair chance to be discovered. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tarikul0153
Community Member

I have also the same problem. I really don't understand what's going on. for this reason I got fewer invites and no new jobs. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members