cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does not hire me?

Md.Shahin A Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
1 of 5

For many days i'm going to have a bit of work.but i can not have any respond.

I have complete my profile 100%,participate in odesk test,and i have also added to the samples of my previous work(portfolio).

Then why does not hire me?

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
2 of 5

Make sure you're using cover letters specifically tailored to the job you're posting Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 5

Md.Shahin,

One problem I can see is that your use of the English language is very sub-standard - both in your forum post and in your oDesk profile overview text. And yet on your forum, you claim that you are "fluent" in English.

So maybe you're not getting hired because people don't trust you.

Please change your English level proficiency on your profile to "Basic." That will make your profile seem more honest and accurate. You DO NOT need to be "fluent" in English in order to work as a front-end web developer.

Also, you should work with somebody you know or hire somebody to fix all the problems with your overview text, as well as in your certification caption. That will make you seem like a more impressive job candidate.

And change your profile photo. When I see your photo, I wonder: "What are you so angry about? Why are you mad at me?"

I have very mixed feelings about your portfolio. I'm glad you have posted a portfolio, and it looks nice at first glance. But when I look at it more closely, I get the feeling that you just used a software tool or online tool that lets you quickly slap together some bootstrap projects, and you basically saved other people's templates after making a few minor modifications, and then stuck those in your portfolio. Nothing I see there indicates any thoughtfulness or real work experience.

Ace Contributor
Sheikh Ahsan A Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 5
Md.Shahin A Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
5 of 5

Preston H

Thank you for your valuable opinions.Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS