🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why does the Upwork system allow for double e...
Page options
marywalters
Community Member

Why does the Upwork system allow for double entries from clients?

Hello. Many of my "open" contracts began with an invitation or proposal submission for a job. Once the client makes an offer, it opens another client thread which means that there is double the number of entries for that client. When the job is done and the client closes one and gives feedback (or not), there is still one left open from the original line of discussion (invitation or proposal submission). If I close it and ask the client to submit feedback, it seems like this would be wrong for them especially if they've already closed one job and provided feedback (or not). Solution, please? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
tlbp
Community Member

Mary W wrote:

Hello. Many of my "open" contracts began with an invitation or proposal submission for a job. Once the client makes an offer, it opens another client thread which means that there is double the number of entries for that client. When the job is done and the client closes one and gives feedback (or not), there is still one left open from the original line of discussion (invitation or proposal submission). If I close it and ask the client to submit feedback, it seems like this would be wrong for them especially if they've already closed one job and provided feedback (or not). Solution, please? Thanks.

Message threads are not the same as contracts. Regardless of how many message "rooms" you have with a client, you should only have a contract if they sent an offer with details that you viewed and then accepted. Check your My Jobs>>>All Contracts tab to see how many open contracts you have with each client. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members