🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why does this keep happening?
Page options
immelmann-sven
Community Member

Why does this keep happening?

So - at least once a day -  I'm seeing job listings like these...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

..where the job description seems to be a message that was ment to be for a specific person.
Are private job listings coming through to the public feed?
Is this a bug?
Or is this one of UpWork's new features?

I'm sure I'm not the only person that's seeing this

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

A client can invite a specific FL to a job. It looks like clients intending to do that, posting open jobs in error.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

A client can invite a specific FL to a job. It looks like clients intending to do that, posting open jobs in error.

dsmgdesign
Community Member

I see this all the time. And, Phyllis is right. Clients may have found their freelancer's profile on Upwork and intend to work only wioth that person and posted an open job in error. It's definitely possible to do if they choose the "Invite to Job" option, and don't choose the "one freelancer" under the visibilty options. It could also be a dumb "copy-paste" error. Probably a few other different ways clients can easily screw that up. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sven, 

I checked and was able to view the job post you are referring to. The job post is public, and available in the marketplace. As Phyllis, and David have noted, it's very likely that this was posted in error (maybe the client copied, and pasted a message, and was unable to edit the message). 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members