🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why doesn't Upwork just allow us report a...
Page options
e3784ac6
Community Member

Why doesn't Upwork just allow us report a job as Spam?

You have such a wonderful list of options to choose from when giving feedback about a job posting, but I'm curious as to why there is no "Spam" option. Given the number of spammy job ads one gets per day, You'd think that the "Spam" option would be there instead of "I am overqualified" or other less-likely reasons.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can report a job as spam.

Click on the “Flag as inappropriate” option shown on every job posting page.

If you do not see it, then look for it under the “Three Dots” or “Three Bars” icon,

The “Flag as inappropriate” option is now we REALLY report jobs. There IS an option for reporting spam.

What you showed in your screenshot… that isn’t how we report jobs. That is simply how we remove jobs from our feed and indicate that those jobs don’t fit our specific preferences.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can report a job as spam.

If you do not see it, then look for it under the “Three Dots” or “Three Bars” icon,

The “Flag as inappropriate” option is now we REALLY report jobs. There IS an option for reporting spam.

What you showed in your screenshot… that isn’t how we report jobs. That is simply how we remove jobs from our feed and indicate that those jobs don’t fit our specific preferences.

I don't see a “Three Dots” or “Three Bars” icon. I know SPAM used to be option but it disappeared awhile back.

Preston H wrote:

Ha, I just saw this. Thanks for pointing this out, however in my opinion I feel that such positioning isn't really obvious as compared to the thumbs down button, but again I'm no UI/UX Designer and Upwork may have its reasons for making you want to click on the job post before showing you the "flag as inappropriate" link.

Clinton A wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Ha, I just saw this. Thanks for pointing this out, however in my opinion I feel that such positioning isn't really obvious as compared to the thumbs down button, but again I'm no UI/UX Designer and Upwork may have its reasons for making you want to click on the job post before showing you the "flag as inappropriate" link.

In most cases, you will need to open the job posting to evaluate it. 

The current list of options does not include the word “spam.” It did previously, if I recall correctly.

But there IS a specific option for “This is a freelancer ad, not a job post”

and there are many other options that may apply to other specific types of inappropriate poss, including “scam” postings…

and there is an option “Something else” accompanied by a free form text box.

So there is a way to report spam…

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths