Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't job

flemingkevin
Kevin F Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
1 of 5

Dear All,

Forgive this possibly foolish question, as I am very new (1 month) to the upwork community.

I understand that if a job you sent a proposal to is offered and taken by someone else, your proposal 'vanishes' from your listing. What I don't understand is that most of my proposals, which have been obviously not successful, are still listed. It is as if they have not been offered to anyone or if the person offering it changed their minds or something.

Can someone explain this to me?

Many thanks and good luck to all.

Kevin

louisaj
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
2 of 5

I've found out that some people post the same job across a few freelancer platforms. Then take the best offer. Hence why so many jobs are left open with no hires. Which is sad, as we freelancers waste our credits, but that's the world of freelancing! 

After a month of no response, I tidy mine up by just withdrawing the offer. Otherwise you will have pages of these 'dead' jobs after a month or so.

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
3 of 5

That's just waste of time. Nobody sees the dead jobs except you. I would spend hours on deleting these jobs. What's the purpose?

Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
4 of 5

Maybe I'm a neat freak Smiley Happy

flemingkevin
Kevin F Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
5 of 5

Many thanks, makes sense . . am just surprised because its like 2/3 of my proposals end up like that.

Again . .

Godd luck to us all . . .

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS