🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why has upwork become so slow?
Page options
dolanb99
Community Member

Why has upwork become so slow?

Recently, upwork has become so slow that it takes ages to open a single page. Be it the proposals page, submitting a proposal or even sending a message, nothing seems to work. It takes more than a minute to finally get on another page. It even took me three tries to get this on the forum page. Is this some kind of malfunctioning, because I am sure that this isn't a problem with my own internet connection?

19 REPLIES 19
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dolan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, Thank you for the reply. I have cleared out my cookies and cache page on google but it was still slow on there. Then, like you suggested, I changed to internet explorer and it 's still somewhat slow. 

Hi Dolan,

Could you please try clearing your account's cookies by going to this link (this clears unnecessary junk files in your account)? Let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, Followed your advise and I couldn't even login now, thanks. Took five times of reloading the same page and also, three times of switching browsers, to finally be able to reply to this message. 

Hi Dolan,

I've shared your concern with the team and one of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket to assist further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I fully agree. Upwork is becoming too slow to operate. The site is slow and the app is even slower. Something as simple as checking messages is too slow.

Now I got an email from a freelancer with an attachment, and why the hack need I go to the upwork website and login to open the email attachment? It is so slow. That just gives me will to start to message the freelancer directly and skip upwork messaging system.

I'm using upwork from the Netherlands

Hi João,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the website speed. Could you please send me a private message with more information on this so that I can escalate for further investigation? Are you using the mobile app perhaps? 

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Editted from previous version because of prompt reply from the team.

Hi Uchit,

I understand your frustration with this, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Are you getting the waiting for connection messages while opening messages or rooms in general? Are you maybe getting a blank screen or messages that are not displaying until the said timeframe?

Could you also try to reinstall our mobile app? If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, feel free to share more information with me via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am not getting a waiting for connection
message, but my messages do turn up blank and take on average 6 seconds to
load. sometimes my messages load quickly but notifications literally take
7 + seconds on my phone, all I get is a white blank page.

Sure, I'l try reinstalling the app and update you with the outcome. Thanks
again for your reply.
rashid1148
Community Member

Upwork is still slow in 2020. 

Hi Rashid,

I am sorry to hear about this. Are you experiencing any specific issues? Please let us know so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, Thanks for quick resopnse. I am facing slow working of upwork although i have fast internet facility. Upwork working slow in "opening messages", , sometimes in sending proposals" it takes a lot of time to loading the pages.

Now main problem is "changing/updating my portfolio with pictures as required sizes" but cannot uploading. upwork showing error when i try to update my portfolio.

Please check if there is any bug in my profile.  

Thanks.

Hi Rashid,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
690a54aa
Community Member

The Upwork interface is indeed still too slow and laggy. Opening messages takes 6 seconds until everything is loaded. I think it has nothing to do with individual settings, its just slow and probably upwork needs a clearn relaunch.

The mobile app is so slow. Opening the messages to see what the freelancer has sent me takes a long time, 45-60 second to load.

Hi Jimmy,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you please send me more information so that the team can investigate this further? Are you getting the waiting for connection messages while opening messages or rooms in general? Are you maybe getting a blank screen or messages that are not displaying until the said timeframe?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7d8bf492
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. The top of the message box says "waiting for connection". I can see previous messages and create a message but the send button has a "circled no sign" and won't allow me to send the message. It was working fine 2-3 hours ago.

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser? Don't hesitate to let us know if the problem persists.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths