🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why have my profile views dropped to zero?☹️
Page options
mnk_11
Community Member

Why have my profile views dropped to zero?☹️

Hi,

Anyone having issues with profile views? 

It seems to me that there is some kind of bug:bug: since my profile views dropped:down_arrow: suddenly from something to nothing. I am on the network for a long time and am doing great but for some strange reason in the last 2 weeks, my profile got viewed zero times. I did not change anything under my profile and my JSS is 100%. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Maryam

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Maryam,

Profile view count shows the number of distinct people who have viewed your profile tile in search results daily, in the past 30 days. This is not affected by updates that you do with your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

As we're having the same issue Maryam described, let me ask you to be on the same page: 

- Do I get it right that for some reason the profiles of our freelancers don't come up in search results for clients,

- Stats don't count views that the client makes while cheking the freelancer's proposal and clicking on his profile from the proposal message?

Hi Darya,

1) Freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone has a fair chance to be discovered.

2) Yes that is correct. Your views count will be increased only when a client has found your profile through search results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There actually was a bug a few weeks ago that showed 0 profile views for a couple of weeks, and I think stopped some profiles from being rotated, including mine.  Support told me it affected more than 100 freelancers, but supposedly the tech dept. fixed it.  I say "supposedly" because it's still not working like it was pre-bug when I'd receive several invites each day. 

2a05aa63
Community Member

I have the opposite problem - my availability is set to unavailable but I'm still getting profile views Smiley LOL

ff91579d
Community Member

How I can solve the issue. I'm same kind of issue my profile views also dropped to zero. How I can solve a bug issue?
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Ehsan A wrote:
How I can solve the issue. I'm same kind of issue my profile views also dropped to zero. How I can solve a bug issue?

The bug was resolved months ago, Chances are that you are simply not getting any profile views because you are in an extremely overcrowded category with tens and tens of thousands of freelancers.

To get profile views, clients need to 1. find and 2. actually open your profile. To be found in a search, chances are your profile has to be in the first few pages of the serch results, which won't happen often.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members