cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why i am not getting any new offer from clients

Md H Member Since: Jul 5, 2015
1 of 34

Hi

I am joined upwork 10.05.2015 .I am professional Web designer And Web application developer .

I am working this field honestly but recenly i applied many jobs to get any job but i didn't get any response from clients .

What's the reason ?

Is my profile is perfect ?

Please give me ideal suggestions to get more jobs .

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 34

4.26 is pretty low, though I can see that it wasn't your fault. Did you appeal that feeback? It's almost certainly the reason you're not being hired, the profile looks fine.

3 of 34

If i refund those clients who are gave me poor feedback .Will it show feedback 5 ? Thanks

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
4 of 34

Yes, but your job success will drop considerably. This is one of the reasons why it's becoming so difficult to work on this platform.

5 of 34

Can you give me more suggestions to improve my profile ?

Can you give me more suggestions to wright perfect cover letter ?

Can you give me more suggestions to improve my work feedback ?

Can i request previous clients to give me 5 star feedback .If yes ,then tell me what i will tell / wright them to give me 5 star feedback ?

Waiting for your reply .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
6 of 34

@Md H wrote:

if i refund those clients who are gave me poor feedback .Will it show feedback 5 ?

Refunding is never the solution.

Furthermore 4.26* feedback is the least of your worries. Your current JS score is at 72%, when the next update happens on the 12th your account may be suspended. So that is a bigger issue you need to address. And refunding will not solve that.

I would say that the low JS score is what has been preventing you from getting any job interviews etc. 

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
7 of 34

Why my account may be suspended ? Since i am working now and obey all rules in Upwork .I am very much worried to hear the bad news from you . What can i do now to prevent suspended my account ? Smiley Sad

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 34

I agree with refunding if it's a small gig and you just jump in before you realize that you wayyyy underbid and the customer wants wayyyy too much. I've done that twice. I just don't want to waste my time when it's just gonna be bad.

I've had 3 disputes too. Won 2, lost 1. Still pissed about that one lost because it was bs, but I digress.. lol

Anyway, the 1 that went into arbitration, I could have lost days worth of work, $400 and just given him his money back. He did try to get his money back, but by that time I was far invested into the project. There's a lot to the story, but ultimately I could have made it go away. By this time though, he had accused me of plagiarism and then recanted, refused to tell me what was wrong, and for the last milestone sent me tiff images (who does that? LOL) of his error corrections. Refused to mark up the Word doc because he "wasn't going to do my job for me." LOL So, if I wanted my additional $400, I had to fight it.

I could have made it go away, given him his money back, and had a nice clean record but there is a point when you have to stand your ground. The arbitrator chastised him in his response for not putting forth a good faith effort to complete the gig. Even mocked him a bit in the response. lol

So anyway, I think you have to be reasonable but when you've done the job, stand your ground. You know if you've done the work and if the customer is being unreasonable. 

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
9 of 34

The abuse caused by freelancer 'refundings' is one of the reasons we have the ill-fated JS score now. It is not to be supported, especially for these reasons.

I know you mean well to share your experiences, but Elance and Upwork function differently. Until you are accustomed to the repercussions of decision making on your profile, be guarded in these specifics when you give advice.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
10 of 34

Jennifer,

Please don’t take this the wrong way as my intention is not to offend you. I am a bit confused about your attitude towards how things work on this platform.

You say you pay no attention to JS, you have refunded some money, had disputes… You do know that delivering great results and making money on UpWork is not enough to stay on the platform? I am not saying that you will be suspended (in fact, I hope you won’t) but as far as I was able to understand you have moved from Elance where the rules are different. (To be honest, I don’t know how Elance works).

UpWork is a bit weird. Not carrying for JS, disputes (although I insist on never letting a client get away with free work), refunds (which I would never do, and I believe that people should never give back the money they have worked for, but that’s just me) and jobs with no feedback can be your doom. I am guessing you still don’t qualify for JS as you need to have some history here (correct me if I am wrong) but aren’t you worried when you do get the JS it might be difficult for you to get a new job?

I respect the loose attitude you have towards these “rules” but what happens if it cost you your account?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS