cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why i am not getting any new offer from clients

Ace Contributor
Tim H Member Since: Jul 7, 2015
21 of 34

I would suggest improving your English skills. Perhaps you can find someone who speaks English to review your profile/bids before submitting them.

Md H Member Since: Jul 5, 2015
22 of 34

Where was my grammatical problem ?

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
23 of 34

No, Mohammed, wages are low enough here without working for free. Anyway, if one of us did help someone, then we'd get hundreds of messages from other people asking us to do the same thing. Why not advertise it as a rewrite job in the $5-10 range? It would be worth the investment.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
24 of 34
Ramon is working for Upwork now Smiley Happy
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
25 of 34

:: Anyone who has taught classes entirely composed of 18 to 23 year old girls knows the value of appearing neutral Cat Wink

However, since I'm more or less on holiday, I'll have a little look anyway and give him a few hints.

Md H Member Since: Jul 5, 2015
26 of 34

I know , i wrote my overview in my hand .That is unique not copy/paste .

Can anybody tell me where is my grammatical problem ?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
27 of 34
Md, nobody can tell you in a forum like this what all of your grammatical problems are. It would take semesters of classes and a lot of time speaking with native English speakers to get all that straightened out.

But it doesn't matter.

You are not promoting your English language skills. You do programming and you don't need to improve your English in order to do that. When you interview with clients they will know that you are not a native English speaker and most of them will not care.

Just have a native English speaking friend rewrite your profile text, or hire somebody to do it. It's not that big a deal.
Community Guru
28 of 34

All punctuation goes directly after the last letter, with a space after it e.g.

Hi Dave, how are you?

I am fine, thanks.

Also, you don't have to have each assertion as a seperate sentence, I'll do one for you:

I am Md Hannan, I am a professional Web Designer and Web Application Developer who has been working in this field for 5 years.

Finally, why are you using quotation marks (""), who exactly are you quoting?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
29 of 34
Do not state your name in your profile text. It wastes space in the tiny bit of info clients see in their applicant feed. They can already see your name.
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
30 of 34

The biggest violation I see are the inclusion of links.

As Preston mentioned, if you're not into the Writing category then the grammar would not be your primary concern. I suggest you put those links in the cover letter of your application. But don't just copy-paste your whole portfolio. That would earn you bad rep as far as the algorithm is concerned.

Write a short but sweet cover letter showcasing the links in your portfolio. Everyone has their style so make sure it feels natural to read.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS