🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why is VAT being deducted from my pay?
Page options
signelarsen
Community Member

Why is VAT being deducted from my pay?

Hello, 

I have added my VAT number to my account - why does it look like my pending payments will have VAT deducted? It shouldn't be, I'm sure.  

I live in Denmark.

I have tried to find an e-mail to contact Upwork support, but apparently that's impossible (why is that by the way?).

Kind Regards, 

Signe

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Signe, I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We'll also be happy to assist you with your issues here. After you submit your VAT number to Upwork, we will validate the number, then email you to confirm whether it was validated or declined. It typically takes up to 3 business days for Upwork to validate your VAT number. Please know that Upwork will charge VAT on any invoices created before and during the validation process.

~Andrea
Upwork
20207a31
Community Member

Will such VAT be refunded so we can pay taxes, once we are registered? 🙂

Hi Rene,

Please refer to the guides Andrea shared for any information regarding Upwork and VAT. If you have any additional questions, I would recommend to reach out to a local expert. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members