🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why is getting a job on Upwork so difficult?
Page options
16e8d3b2
Community Member

Why is getting a job on Upwork so difficult?

Hi

I joined Upwork for quite awhile now and I've sent a number of proposals with links to my previous works and some sample of my works and yet still no reply from clients. Please can anyone help me get hired on Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Louis,

Building on what Prashant P said, Upwork is saturated with talent. The number of freelancers has increased since the start of the global pandemic, so it is even harder to win work.

While links to previous works and samples of your work are great, you could try giving the potential client a glimpse of how you would complete their work by offering a partial solution in your bid proposal. This method sometimes shows the client that you understand their specific mission and that you are prepared to help them complete it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bobafett999
Community Member

There are too many people with your skills on upwork!

celgins
Community Member

Louis,

Building on what Prashant P said, Upwork is saturated with talent. The number of freelancers has increased since the start of the global pandemic, so it is even harder to win work.

While links to previous works and samples of your work are great, you could try giving the potential client a glimpse of how you would complete their work by offering a partial solution in your bid proposal. This method sometimes shows the client that you understand their specific mission and that you are prepared to help them complete it.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Louis,

Your Profile and presentation approach needs to be updated. Click the Academy link on the top of this page for instructions. Have a great day!

the-right-writer
Community Member

Upwork is flooded with too many freelancers, which makes it difficult for many, new and experienced, to find genuine jobs. While there are steps you can take to change the way you write your profile and proposals, it's still an uphill battle, especially when you are starting out.

As Prashant stated, your category is particularly overflowing with freelancers, so it will make your struggle more difficult. You might consider specializing in one of your skills, as you can have three different files on your profile.

16e8d3b2
Community Member

Thank you all for your generous help

zahidkhurram
Community Member

Hi all

my profile also good and old. 24 jobs done also gotin reviews but now got no jobs before many months i submitted proposal try to questions about proposal to client also submit similar examples but I didn't get. Please anyone advice what i will do. I will thankful. Or how i will get invites. Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members