cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it taking so long to review my profile?

Maria Paula R Member Since: May 20, 2015
1 of 72

Hi guys and girls.

A client recently invited me to come onto upwork to do some work but i am having trouble waiting for my account to be approved. The message i get at the top of my profile says it will take 12 hours. It has been more than a week since i submitted my profile for review.

Since then I have seen many great jobs I could be applying for, but cant because of this problem.

How long am I suppose to be waiting for? 

Thank you

Maria

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
2 of 72

@Maria Paula R wrote:

Hi guys and girls.

A client recently invited me to come onto upwork to do some work but i am having trouble waiting for my account to be approved. The message i get at the top of my profile says it will take 12 hours. It has been more than a week since i submitted my profile for review.

Since then I have seen many great jobs I could be applying for, but cant because of this problem.

How long am I suppose to be waiting for? 

Thank you

Maria

Maria,

First, welcome to Upwork. And I wish you luck finding that first job.

I looked at your profile and have a couple of comments.

Overall, your profile looks pretty good, though if you have any items you can add to your portfolio, you might want to consider that.

You might also want to consider taking a couple of other tests if you plan to offer graphic design services.

As for your account not being approved, a week sounds like a long time. Are you sure you have not missed an email from them? Sometimes email from Upwork ends up in a Spam folder until you add them as a contact.

Furthermore, if you don't have any email from Upwork, then I would suggest that you either reach out to a Mod here in the forums, and see if they can contact the Support Team on your behalf, or that you reach out to Support yourself and ask them what the hold-up is.

Fang S Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
3 of 72

Hi there,

It's been more than a week since I submitted my profile. I haven't received any email on acceptance or rejection. Could someone help me get my account out of limbo please? Smiley Happy

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 72

Hi Fang,

Your application is still not submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. If you`re directed to the same window try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application. Thank you.

Untitled
Anne Lenielyn U Member Since: Mar 28, 2019
5 of 72
Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. Can you help me figure out what is wrong?

Thank you so much
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 72

Hi Anne,

Could you please confirm when did you submit your application for a review. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
BEST ANSWER
7 of 72

Hi Maria,

I spoke with the agent on your ticket and when you submitted your profile initially, it wasnt completed.  It looks as though you now have made the necessary updates and your profile is currently being reviewed. You should receive notice soon.

-Lena

Untitled
Belle H Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
8 of 72

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. It has been more than 12 hours since setting up the profile. I check my email constantly including the spam folder. I have a client that invited me to work for him, but requested we use the Upwork system in order to do the project. So I can't actually start on it until I can submit to his job posting. Just worried my approval process won't be done until after Thanksgiving. Please help. thank you!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 72

Hi Belle,

I see your profile has already been approved and you should be able to apply for jobs now.

Good luck!

Ace Contributor
Mariusz O Member Since: Sep 5, 2015
10 of 72

Hi Vladimir, can you please check when my profile will be approved?

I wait for this long time.

Regards

Mariusz

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS