cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Job Success Score Decreasing?

Jackiya T Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
21 of 32

Hi,

I love this community and the many opportunities i have had and learnt alot from my clients. My concern is the way the job success percentage is calculated. I get new clients, no complaints about my work and i thought this should be good on my profile. However the score is dropping down which i have tried understanding and looking at the resources available about this but i am not satisfied with the explanation. 

Please let me know what i need to do to maintain the high score that i had a few montsh ago.

Thanks

Community Leader
Sagar S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
22 of 32

Hi Jacikya,

I understand your worries. I tried to see your profile, but it is private. Without a look on your profile, it is tough to say what's the problem is. But as I understand from your query, that may be you were out of work for a couple of months. If so, your rating will automatically decreaed. I know one of my friend, once she was a top rated freelancer, and now she has 64% job success rate. You know why, just because she was out of business for 9 months. If this is your issue too, then you have no way to find more jobs and earn more reviews from your client to regain your lost pride.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers

Sagar

Jackiya T Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
23 of 32

Hi Sagar,

I am always working over 30 hrs a week. I lost one of my long term  client in January, worked with him since 2014 and he was now at home and taking over. It did a ffect my hours though i still had over 25 hrs a week without his contract.

Thanks

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 32

Sagar S wrote: But as I understand from your query, that may be you were out of work for a couple of months. If so, your rating will automatically decreaed.

Absolute nonsense.

Not being on the platform has NO effect on the JSS at all.

Community Leader
Marianne M Member Since: Mar 22, 2016
25 of 32

Hi All,

I noticed that my job score keeps going down, even though I have 2 on-going jobs right now. Once since Oct 2016 and one for about 2 months now and no signs of stopping. I have one job that has been put on hold because she is too busy right now with other things to give me weekly work. However, she said as soon as things calm down she wanted me to continue.

So, it was 94% - then after one bad review (the client and I did not understand each other at all). After that it went down to 87%.

Now it's at 84% even though I've kept working and had no complaints.

I read the entire piece on Job succes scoring and I still don't understand. I've had 64 jobs with only 1 really bad feedback review.

I don't understand - sorry for being dull about this, but for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

...sigh...

Marianne

“Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.”
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
26 of 32

Hi Marianne,

Generally, Job Success score can decrease if positive feedback falls off of your 6-, 12-, or 24-month windows even if there is no new feedback. Also, not only public feedback but also prvate feedback, inactive jobs and jobs that had no work delivered and no money paid affect your JSS.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
Marianne M Member Since: Mar 22, 2016
27 of 32

Hi V,

It understand what you are saying. I am working constantly here and I just don't know why in one week my score went down yet again (ugh).

Also, I get invites to fake jobs and I always let Upwork know about these gigs and they seem to appreciate it. I've told them about 5 of these since the beginning of the year. Doesn't that count for someone - looking out for the newer people here so they don't get pulled into these scams?

And what about the money I'm currently making for Upwork -  doesn't that factor in?

Oy,

Marianne

(Nice to see you again - been busy working or I'd be here more often - hope I can take some time early in the morning before I start to see what's going on...)

“Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.”
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 32

Marianne,

Your Job Success score is based only on actual contracts you have or had. It doesn't include jobs you were invited to or interviewed for but not hired for and it isn't based on your earnings. 

We do appreciate you reporting suspicious jobs to the team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Arin A Member Since: Mar 21, 2017
29 of 32

Hello Upwork,
My Job success score was 100 tilltomorow but suddenly it reduced but my jobs are all completed successfully with 5star ,why?
i had 1 client whos account was hold by upwork. Please give some solution.

here the screenshot of my job reviews.
chrome-extension://mcbpblocgmgfnpjjppndjkmgjaogfceg/fsCaptured.html 

Ace Contributor
Jon S Member Since: May 24, 2016
30 of 32

I don't know what my JSS score was prior to March 2017, but it dipped down real low. I don't think a lot of freelancers are happy with the lack of transparency in the JSS algorithm. 

Why not just create a better rating system and keep everything public. If the client wants to vent privately, let that be something seperate that is only viewable by Upwork, the freelancer and client. I've read too many cases of people rated highly publicly, while their JSS scores sink. This suggests to me that something is very wrong, and that the private vs public options are being misused. Unintended consequences perhaps.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS