cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my account suspended?

Highlighted
Shalin J Member Since: Mar 20, 2016
1 of 16

I had 2 accounts. One of which I was not using since last 5 months. Upwork mailed me that we have suspend your account. Once you close your other account , we will restore it.
Now I have closed my other account, given proof of residence and ID, still they have suspended me.

This is not at all good. I am a top rated freelancer with 4000 hours of work. All my detail is genuine. Please help me.

Community Guru
Maryam N Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
2 of 16

So, you made both accounts with same address, Ids and Name? Why did you make two accounts? I would suggest you, write an email to Help centre and give them all the details about their both accounts and explain to them you have deleted other account. I really hope they give you another chance losing TR status and account is the worst thing that can happen.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 16

Why did you have 2 accounts?

4 of 16

Obviously for more work last year. I didnt knew about the agency account concept then. There are lots of users who have 2 or more accounts.It didnt had any bad intention. Once I created my agency account, I didnt use other account. But you can check history, i havent been using that account lately.

See my success score and stats. If I wasnt genuine why would people give me good rating and become a Top rated freelancer? They told me you close 1 account and then suspension would be removed.

I closed my account already. Now let me work, why keep my account on hold? please help.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 16

@Scali J wrote:

Obviously for more work last year. There are lots of users who have 2 or more accounts

So you cheated other freelancers and Upwork for "more work" and twice the Connects, and your action cheated other freelancers out of jobs and Upwork out of money, and you think that's ok? 
Just because "other people rob banks" does that mean nobody should be arrested for robbing banks?

6 of 16

Are you serious?

Do you consider this robbing? Every client is happy with my service and know i have 2 accounts. I can give you 100 accounts who have duplicate accounts. If you suspend all, upwork will have no users. We didnt loot Upwork.

Its just you bid, client likes and then we work. Neither of my client complaint. There is  nothing wrong.

I closed my other account, what else should i do? Go in jail.

These forums are for knowledge gaining and help. Everybody does mistakes and should be given another chance, I accept my mistake and wont do it further.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 16

@Shalin J wrote:

There is  nothing wrong.

This mentality is a problem. You sincerely do not see any problem in having multiple accounts. To you it's a normal thing. You're not alone with this kind of mindset and not only about having multiple accounts.

The best Upwork can do now is to not reinstate your account at all. But they may. Their decisions are sometimes opaque. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Oh well, I don't give a frak anymore.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
8 of 16

When I created another account, I really didnt knew about agency account. But when I knew I created my agency account and stopped using this other account.

I told I am sorry and already closed my account. If you cant help me, I dont expect an answer from you.

Watch for your language. A community guru must know what speech of language to write on a global forum.
Give respect take respect.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 16

@Shalin J wrote:

Obviously for more work last year. There are lots of users who have 2 or more accounts.

How would you know that many users have 2 accounts? This is not allowed by the terms of service and you were suspended for this, which means that others doing the same are also suspended.

Keep communicating with Upwork, they may reinstate your account if you deleted the other one. But having more than one account is never a good idea.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Maryam N Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
BEST ANSWER
10 of 16

You can't open more than one account to get more work this is not fair to thousands of other people who are using one account and working with honesty to get things done. I know you would say that you were not using other account but you created that as well to get more work. Now you know that you can't get more work with two accounts, you can only get more work with credibility and one strong profile.

Upwork hates this kind of thing. having two accounts is the number one thing they get mad about and terminate people for. Keep in touch with them let's hope they can reinstate your account and you can work with honesty in future. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS