cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why is my job still in progress even I'm done with it?

shawhortezano
Shalynne H Member Since: Nov 30, 2014
1 of 50

I had a fixed price job last month and t'was done in less than a week and even received client's payment right after. But how come it still shows job in progress in my work history? Could someone help me how to fix it? I just want to know what my clients feedback about my work and couldnt figure out since its still in progress. 

manu29276
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
2 of 50

Hi Shalynne,

Although you have completed the job at your end and received the payments for same, it seems your client has not yet ended the contract at their end. Clients can leave a feedback only when they ends the contract.

You may wait for the client to end the contract or request them if they want more work to be done.

Good Luck,

Manish.

clubapp
Anthony C Member Since: Dec 8, 2015
3 of 50

So what happens if the job was a year ago and that person is no longer involved with the site? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 50

Hi Anthony,

You can reach out to the client and ask them to end the contract. If they don't reply, you can go ahead and end the contract yourself.

~ Valeria
Upwork
beng20
Louella Rose M Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
5 of 50

If the freelancer ends the contract, would  it affect the job success score? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 50

Louella

It doesn't matter for JSS who ends the contract. However, when the client ends the contract, they are prompted to leave feedback. Having a pattern of contracts without feedback may affect your Job Success score negatively and that's why it's better to let the client end the contract.

~ Valeria
Upwork
apgianeli
Aleksandra P Member Since: Dec 11, 2017
7 of 50

I am so sorry for botering you but i have the same problem. I had a 2 fixed price jobs and they were done around the 5th. I received client's payment right after and also the feedback. But it still shows job in progress in my work history. 

kind regards

Aleksandra

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 50

Hi Aleksandra,

I had a look and it seems your profile was updated in the meantime and the feedback you received is already available publicly.

Untitled
5f4c4d19
Frank K Member Since: Oct 8, 2018
9 of 50

Can you please mark my job Alexa Skills Developer (including Video) needed to set up Skill to invoke simple Meditation app as Hired: A Upwork consultant accepted the project, did click on Accepted and is working on the gig...And I don't need to see any more applicants. Thank you. 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 50

Hi Frank,

You can stop more freelancers from submitting proposals for your job by changing the visibility or by closing it entirely. If you don't plan to hire any (or any more) freelancers for your job, please close it. You can always come back and repost it later. Please check out this help article. If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to us here at any time. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS