cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my job still in progress even I'm done with it?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 50
A lot of times I find that with newer clients who are not familiar with odesk I need to politely ask them to close the contract. A lot of times they simply do not realize that there is another step.
gabrielle_espi
Gladys E Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
12 of 50

I have the same experience... Almost the same I mean.... I got an email from Upwork saying that my contract has ended for one of the companies I am working for.... I even gave a feedback and saw that my client also gave his feedback about my work... However, I still see it as job in progress... I've worked with this client twice and I'm sure he knows how to end a contract becuase this incident didn't happen the first time he ended my first job with him.... So does this mean that the problem is somehow with Upwork not updating the profile or something like that? Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 50

Hi Gladys,

Usually it can take some time for the profile to update. I checked your profile and you currently have one job in progress. The job that was ended yesterday now shows with the client's feedback and your responseto it in your Work History. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
nikita-stroganov
Nikita P Member Since: Jan 28, 2016
14 of 50

I have the same problem, but for some  reason my work still "job in progress" and  6 days have passed already since the contract  ended. But the client did not closed the contract, however he work in o-desk since 2009.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
15 of 50

Hi Nikita,

You can contact your client and ask them if they still need you to do any further work on the contract. If not, they can end the contract. Once the contract is ended, it will show as completed on your Work History.

~ Valeria
Upwork
etherit
Gokul E Member Since: Feb 24, 2016
16 of 50

Hi

It is just today that i found that many of my jobs are in progress the ones that were completed even more than 2-3 years ago.

I even am not able to understand which all are the projects or clients related to it. Can you give me a solution regarding this?

My job success rate is very low as of that. Please help me.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
17 of 50

Hi Gokul,

Contracts older than two years are not included in the Job Success Score calculation. I see you already started closing your inactive contracts so let me know if we can assist you further.

Untitled
werokandie
Alfonce K Member Since: Feb 24, 2017
18 of 50

I have similar problem showing in my profile. It shows six jobs in progress. Unfortunately, these data were carried forward from Elance yet the client I was working for did not transit with me to UpWork. I have no way of getting in touch with my client again. How can I delete the wrong information i.e. non existent or concluded job that still indicate "in progress?" Please help

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
19 of 50

Hi Alfonce,

You can log into your Elance account here and close any contracts that still show as in progress there.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ronaldkessel
Ronald K Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
20 of 50

Hi Valeria,

So how do I go about ending this outdated jobs in progress?

I have a job in progress that actually ended 2011 and still have them in my job list, It may not be forever but 6 years is pretty long for me.

I can't see where I can get in touch with these clients and most of them are from Elance.
How do I end this?shot_170113_005246.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS