cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my job still in progress even I'm done with it?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 50

Hi Ronald,

If the jobs were on Upwork, you can contact your clients and ask them to close inactive contracts. If you don't hear back from them for a while, you can go ahead and close the contracts yourself. If the jobs were on Elance, you should still be able to log into your Elance account here and close the jobs.

Also, note that a few of your Community posts were removed as duplicates.

~ Valeria
Upwork
nikita-stroganov
Nikita P Member Since: Jan 28, 2016
22 of 50
Thank you Valeria
pcarbonell
pedro c Member Since: May 24, 2016
23 of 50

My problem is that the pending jobs come from Elance. Customers over there forgot to finish the projects, and now they have been transferred here, and people think they are jobs in progress. I have like 10 of those. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
24 of 50

Hi Pedro,

You can ask your clients to close these jobs on Elance. If you don't receive a response, go ahead and close them yourself.

Untitled
ronaldkessel
Ronald K Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
25 of 50

Hi Vladimir, 

I have posted 3 post that are the same with this one and do not want to repost them again here, kindly check some of my post.
My Question is, how do we even close the jobs that was outdated 6 years ago when we cannot contact the client anymore.
If I go to Elance, ,I am directed to Upworkshot_170113_005246.png

himanshuwebchops
Himanshu S Member Since: Jul 21, 2017
26 of 50

Hi,

Even I am done with the project. My client was happy and he gave a very good feedback and ratings. He also ended the contract promptly. However, when I am viewing my profile it still shows "Job in progress". I don't know I am new to upwork. 

Can anyone help.

Best Regards,

Himanshu

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
27 of 50

Hi Himanshu,

It usually takes a bit of time for the profile to update. It looks like the job is already showing as completed and feedback has been posted.

~ Valeria
Upwork
anostiana
Jelena B Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
28 of 50

Hi Valeria, 

Can I ask for help too please? I've had a number of jobs as "in progress" for weeks now with nothing updating.

Thank you!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
29 of 50

Hi Jelena,

I refreshed your profile and your most recent contracts should show correctly now. Please, let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

~ Valeria
Upwork
anostiana
Jelena B Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
30 of 50

Amazing! Thank you so much for your help! Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS