🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why is my pending earnings in red color?
Page options
alidesign7
Community Member

Why is my pending earnings in red color?

It's a first time that my pending earnings in red color even i didn't refund any money, And The Pending amount name is showing is "WTH" what it's means?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi IQRA,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I checked and can confirm the pending charge you're seeing is related to the withholding tax discussed in this thread.

Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) is a means of collecting income tax in India by requiring businesses making payments in India to remit a portion of that payment directly to the Indian government. A law adopted in March 2020 requires foreign e-commerce operators, like Upwork, to begin collecting TDS on payments to service providers in India starting October 1, 2020. The amount of tax withheld is matched to the service provider by using their Permanent Account Number (PAN) or the Aadhaar number.  You can find more information about the TDS charge in this Help article.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi IQRA,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I checked and can confirm the pending charge you're seeing is related to the withholding tax discussed in this thread.

Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) is a means of collecting income tax in India by requiring businesses making payments in India to remit a portion of that payment directly to the Indian government. A law adopted in March 2020 requires foreign e-commerce operators, like Upwork, to begin collecting TDS on payments to service providers in India starting October 1, 2020. The amount of tax withheld is matched to the service provider by using their Permanent Account Number (PAN) or the Aadhaar number.  You can find more information about the TDS charge in this Help article.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members