cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my profile locked private? I am currently working and have a current contract!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 22

Thank you for your feedback, Dave and John. I'll share it with the team. At the moment the only exception is new freelancers, who have 50 days from when they submit their first proposal to earn before their profile is set to private. It's not possible to extend the window otherwise. However, there are options available to keep the profile public regardless of the earnings or have the visibility quickly reset.

~ Valeria
Upwork
davecroyle
Dave C Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
12 of 22

Hi Valeria,

I hope you are doing well.  Sorry to reopen this issue, but today my account was locked Private once again.  The two most recent transactions on my account are dated November 1st and November 8th.  Today is November 27th (or 28th, depending on your time zone).  That doesn't add up to 30 days without earnings.  Did the policy change to 20 days?  

This is becoming increasingly frustrating.  I'm currently interviewing for a handful of projects and once again I have to stop what I'm doing and bug people to get my account reinstated.  Please do whatever you can to revise or remove this aggravating policy.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 22

Hi Dave, 

I checked your profile and it doesn't look like it was set to private. Could you please check it again? 

~ Avery
Upwork
davecroyle
Dave C Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
14 of 22

Hi Avery,

Yes, I sent a few requests to Customer Service and thankfully a nice woman named Michelle restored my account several hours ago.  The question still remains, however, why was my account ever locked private in the first place?  I personally don't agree that transaction history is an accurate measure of account activity in the first place, but alas the policy does clearly state that my account will be pushed to Private if I go 30 days without a transaction.  The problem is, this time around it was only 19 days without a transaction.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 22

Hi Dave,

I had a look at your account and can confirm it was set to private in line with the 30-day time frame. To clarify, the inactivity period started when your client was billed for the hours you logged on your Hourly contract, not when those funds became available on your account.

Untitled
gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
16 of 22

Are those 30 days rule something new here? I wasn't visiting forums for some time and see this thread now. What about the situation when freelancer can just take a vacation? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 22

Hi Georgi,

Yes, if a freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. We do understand that sometimes freelancers don't earn because they are taking a break from Upwork. That's why there are always easy options to set their profile back to public available to the freelancer.

Check out this announcement for more details.

~ Valeria
Upwork
iacob_irina
Ace Contributor
Irina I Member Since: Nov 4, 2012
18 of 22

I just saw my profile became locked too. Its true that I did not earn throughout December, but I am back looking for projects and I dont enjoy my profile being locked...can I please have it restored to public?

aaron_luigi
Community Guru
Aaron Luigi L Member Since: Dec 28, 2014
19 of 22

Hi Irina and Oleksandr,

Thanks for reaching out. We took the liberty to reset your profile visibility back to public, you're now seen from search results. To give you a brief context -- freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. Alternatively, you can contact us back so we can switch it back to public. Thanks and all the best on your career!

- Aaron
Untitled
metalleveller
Oleksandr S Member Since: Jan 3, 2018
20 of 22

Hi,

My profile gets locked private. How can I unlock it again?

Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS