cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my support request being ignored?

Ace Contributor
Melissa R Member Since: Nov 11, 2018
1 of 12
I emailed the support team 3 days ago and there has been no further communication from the support team except the typical automated response...

Hi Melissa,

We're writing to let you know that your Upwork Support request (#edited for privacy) has been received and is being reviewed by our Support staff. We'll be back in touch soon.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, please follow this link: https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/

Thanks,

The Upwork Team

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
BEST ANSWER
2 of 12

Hi Melissa,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Ace Contributor
3 of 12
Thank you so much for following up with the support team on my behalf Aleksandar. I’m grateful to you.

Melissa
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 12

Melissa:

Your expectations of Upwork Customer Support may be inaccurate.

There are millions of Upwork users. One needs to think of the math relative to Customer Support.

If you have a question, just post it here in the Forum.

The fastest and most comprehensive way to have your questions answered is right here.

Even if it isn't simply a question, but something that needs Upwork employee involvment, it is probably faster to post your question or concern here. Because Upwork employees monitor the Forum and can intervene if necessary.

Ace Contributor
5 of 12
Thank you Preston,

I appreciate your perspective. My support requests have been far and few over the past few years but I will say that the response from the support staff has always been within 24 hours. That’s why I was starting to get concerned after 3 days of no response for this particular support request.
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
6 of 12

Preston H wrote:

Melissa:

Your expectations of Upwork Customer Support may be inaccurate.

There are millions of Upwork users. One needs to think of the math relative to Customer Support.

Melissa's expectations aren't inaccurate.

Yes, there might be millions of freelancers ...  That, unfortunately, doesn't excuse the sluggishness of Upwork in responding to a private enquiry from a (paying and earning) user.

Furthermore, those who feel the need to contact Upwork support privately should continue to do so.

Upwork should hire more support staff, and would need to stop skimping and scraping in that department.

Ace Contributor
7 of 12
Thank you Abinadab,

This Is the private message that I sent to Upwork Support
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The client was indeed, harassing me since last Thursday and so were the people that she shared my contact information with. I included screenshots to the upwork support team.

Upwork support team followed up with me today with this reply...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

As a side note, I haven’t ever encountered a client who felt it was okay to just share my contact information with others. The contract was between her and I, no one else.

Now I have learned that clients can abuse and harass us Freelancers, as despite the dues we pay. It’s always an arbitrary matter.
Ace Contributor
8 of 12
I noticed that my post has already been edited for community guidelines although I didn’t share any personal information. Why is there such a need to censor a true concern, when we are also encouraged to reach out to the community concerning our issues?
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 12

Hi Melissa,

Our intention is not to censor. However, posting email content, chat transcripts or other private communication isn't allowed by Upwork Community Guidelines.

I'm sorry to hear you feel like you didn't receive the support you were looking for via the ticket. If you have any additional information or further concerns, please share them via the ticket, the team will definitely review them. 

In general, we recommend that freelancers and clients communicate using Upwork Messages. The email address and other private information you shared with Upwork isn't shared with the client. If you and your client choose to use other means of communication, you can discuss your expectations as to what can be shared directly with the client and, if needed, consider signing an NDA or any other additional agreements.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
10 of 12
Valeria,

Thank you for the information.

I’ve never had the issue with a client sharing my contact information until now, so it was a new concern.

The client wanted to share her cloud files with me and requested my email address (to share her cloud drive). She also requested that I call her to discuss her project needs and provided me with her phone number. I have encountered this with many of my clients. It’s never been an issue with any other clients sharing my contact information with other people.

I’m now aware that having a non disclosure agreement is something that I will just have to put in place prior to working with any future clients.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS