🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why is none of the customers responding t...
Page options
7080f405
Community Member

Why is none of the customers responding to my application?

I am a newbie on the platform. But I have a lot of experience working with texts on other sites. I faced the problem that no one employer responded to my application. You know, I fill out each form very carefully. My profile is 100% complete; I am a racing talent, I have successfully passed the readiness test and posted some works in my portfolio. Explain what's wrong? What should I do to get an answer? Help me, please.

9 REPLIES 9
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Is your name Natasha or Natalie?

You can call me Natalie or Natasha as you wish.)

Natasha S wrote:

You can call me Natalie or Natasha as you wish.)

Ok. Just make sure you use the same name as your legal documents, since you might have problems later otherwise. 

Ok, I'll take into account! Thank you!

9c8f0515
Community Member

The fact is upwork has thousands of freelancers that probably do what you do. As a freelancer, I apply to hundreds of posts before I might get one job. It's just the way it is.

Also, a client is not going to go through 20+ freelance messages and reply to each one. That isn't very realistic.

Just keep at it! Good luck.

Thanks for the answer!

I would take the bit about being new on the platform and the plea to treat you with understanding off your profile because a) it's an invitation to scammers, b) you can either do the job or you can't, and c) anyone you need to ask to treat you well is unlikely to ever treat you well.

Liz S wrote:
I would take the bit about being new on the platform and the plea to treat you with understanding off your profile because a) it's an invitation to scammers, b) you can either do the job or you can't, and c) anyone you need to ask to treat you well is unlikely to ever treat you well.

Wise words indeed!

Yes indeed. You are right. I'll correct it. Thanks for the good advice!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths