🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why is the Profile Link so outdated
Page options
waliar
Community Member

Why is the Profile Link so outdated

Hi,

Does anyone have the same issue that when you want to share your Upwork Profile outside of Upwork, the random jobs listed in the Profile Link are outdated by almost 2 years. My recent discussions with the customer care people have brought out that it is a system setting and that the latest jobs will not be featured in the Profile Link.

But doesn't that beat the very purpose of sharing your Profile Link outside of Upwork?

Even if I am trying to get a local client on the Upwork platform by showing him my profile, he loses interest if he gets the impression that I haven't been working on Upwork for the past 2 years.

Is there no way to get some of the latest jobs listed in the Work History of the Profile Link?

Maybe some re-set option so that the link gets updated and the Work History gets regenerated?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Rohini K wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have the same issue that when you want to share your Upwork Profile outside of Upwork, the random jobs listed in the Profile Link are outdated by almost 2 years. My recent discussions with the customer care people have brought out that it is a system setting and that the latest jobs will not be featured in the Profile Link.

I isn't random at all and has nothing to do with when the jobs were done.

When someone is not logged in to Upwork the contracts shown on your profile are the ones which resulted from job postings which were posted as public.

Where clients chose to post their job posts as "Upwork users only" or "Invite only", any contracts that resulted from job posts with restricted visibility can not be shown on a public view as that would go against what the client originally intended.

So the visibility in logged out view is controlled by the visibility of the job post it came from.

However, even in the logged out view it clearly tells the viewer that there are more jobs to show and to log in or create an account to see them.

waliar
Community Member

Thanks!

The visibility of the job posted does clear the confusion to an extent. This aspect was not brought out during the customer care chats and so that had got me thinking.

So, this means that if I work on another public job posting this year, it is likely to come up in the profile link as a recent job?

petra_r
Community Member

Rohini K wrote:

So, this means that if I work on another public job posting this year, it is likely to come up in the profile link as a recent job?

Yes 🙂

waliar
Community Member

Thanks !!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths