🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why is the profile video not showing on s...
Page options
petra_r
Community Member

Why is the profile video not showing on specialized profiles?

It would appear that one's profile video only ever shows on one's general profile, which, by the looks of it, nobody will ever see again because both search results and proposals lead directly to the relevant specialized profile?

Why can't we choose which profile to assign the video to or ideally even have one each for each specialized profile?

4 REPLIES 4
sergio-soria
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Why can't we choose which profile to assign the video to or ideally even have one each for each specialized profile?

I guess there are no words such as "option" or "choose" in Upwork dictionary. Cat LOL It would be so nice to be able to choose something and not forced to go with the "default" setting when we know things are counterproductive.

Yesterday I saw this, which seems to apply only for certain categories, where a thumbnail is displayed in the search results. It would be good to be able to choose what thumbnail we want to show, or even to choose a video.

preview.jpg

kenstone
Community Member

I just came here with the same question.  

I was just updating the specialized profiles and noticed there is no video for them.

petra_r
Community Member

Ken S wrote:

I was just updating the specialized profiles and noticed there is no video for them.

For what it's worth, I think the vast majority of videos do more harm than good and the less they are seen the better....

(yes, yours too. Sorry. Was it a very hot day? The background noice is excruciating. Air-con?)

kenstone
Community Member

Haha, yeah, I watch youtube at night for entertainment, especially love the old candid camera and the just for laughs gags and stand up comics.  

I had one client that hired me that watched my video.  I think it's a good idea for people that are browsing profiles looking for a freelancer.  It may increase the comfort level a bit.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths