Why is there no flagging option for "Job violates Upwork TOS?"

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting 5 of them. We are saving Upwork money by flagging these so they can identify problems quickly. Wouldn't it make sense to have a relevant option for it?

Because right now, I often leave jobs unflagged that I know violate TOS because I can't find a valid reason in the list for which to report it.

9 REPLIES 9
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles,

You can flag jobs as "Fraud" if the violation doesn't fit any of the specific categories in the drop-down menu. When our Marketplace Quality team reviews a flagged job, they review all aspects of it against Upwork ToS.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Okay, I didn't realize it was that generic.

Thanks.

I still think you'd get more flags, and thus bogus jobs removed more quickly, with the right option there.

I am sometimes afraid I will flag too much and someone will get mad. ๐Ÿ™‚

I was wondering if we can report jobs with really low rates? For example, if someone offers hourly jobs for $3 per hour? Or is that allowed?

@Iga F wrote:

I was wondering if we can report jobs with really low rates? For example, if someone offers hourly jobs for $3 per hour? Or is that allowed?

Yes, it is allowed. $ 3.00 is the lowest minimum hourly rate.

There are countries where the minimum hourly wage is less than $ 0.20 an hour.

Yeah, I know that, but I saw offers like that for Poland, and that's below our min. hourly rate, so it made me wonder...

Hourly rate laws generally only apply to employees. You are not an employee. The minimum hourly rate on Upwork is $3. There is no point in flagging a job just because it's lower than your country's hourly rate.

Yep, I just hoped it was at least $5 or something ($3 with Upwork fees is silly)

There are many places in the world where $3 after Upwork fees is the equivalent of well over minimum wage in Western countries.

I've seen people in the US with listed hourly rates of $5 an hour, which is below minimum wage.

People with college degrees.

Hi Iga, 

Fixed price budgets, and milestones, have a minimum of $5. You may read more about it here

~ Avery
Upwork