cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there so much spam on odesk lately?

Summer T Member Since: May 10, 2014
1 of 5
Whats up with the job postings titled ** ?? Obviously its spam why hasn't odesk taken care of that? * Removed by admin
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 5
It's been flagged so many times, but they still seem to keep coming back. I don't understand the point of having a flag button if this can happen. What needs to happen is that someone should review the job posts before they're allowed to go live on the site. I think that a moderator is needed.
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 5
There's a post that keeps popping up in the transcription category where they even congratulate the people they hire in the post. Thing is they just keep posting the job and never verify payment or hire anyone which tells me they are taking the contractors off oDesk. I have flagged it and opened a ticket about it. And they still post several times a day.
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 5
I would give the client the benefit of the doubt and say he might be migrating content from one of his own so sites to another one of his sites, but he previously hired someone to scrape software and his hourly rates have ranged from 0.56 to 3 dollars. Job posts need to be checked before they're published.
Milan N Member Since: Apr 17, 2012
5 of 5
*******TIRED BIDDING??EARN UPTO $400 A DAY.BULK PROJECTS!!!!,,****** My job feed is also overpopulated with this or similar job-posts lately. It is becoming very very annoying. Please do something about it.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS