🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why is this job still up?
Page options
n_sappleton
Community Member

Why is this job still up?

I've flagged it twice.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Sometimes I think the only way to get a job like this removed is to post it here.

7 REPLIES 7
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Did you even get the canned "thank you for flagging, the team will review and take appropriate action" email message?

There is a recent thread about the problem of academic cheating here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Does-Upwork-support-academic-cheating/m-p/644893#M390150

I'm flagging this thread to get a Mod's attention.

I'm now convinced that flagging button is useless! I would happily take the job of checking for flagged posts for you Upwork (for a fee of course, LOL). Either no one understands what cheating is, or no one cares.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for flagging this to us. I've shared your report with our team and the Job Post you reported is already taken down due to ToS violations and appropriate action has been taken on the client account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks but why does it take posting them here for them to be removed? I flagged that one yesterday and then again today. It was only removed when I posted it. That isn’t acceptable.

I'm just guessing, but I suspect that thousands of posts are flagged every day. That requires some sort of prioritization, and experience suggests that posting here or there being multiple flags on the same posting are key to bumping up the list.

Probably, though, there's no net gain in it. It just means something else languishes longer.

Here's another one, Bojan, I flagged it three times over the past few days. Still up.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you for following up with this additional report, Natalie! 

I checked this and the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and appropriate action has been taken on the client's account as per our internal processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths