🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why isn´t Upwork doing anything about the...
Page options
edisonvdp
Community Member

Why isn´t Upwork doing anything about the SPAM

There is one person that I've seen spamming a link  as job offers for video editors

in order to get views for his youtube. 

I have flagged these posts more than 20 times right now, and the same client keeps spamming, all day, every day. 

How many times does one need to report /flag these posts before Upwork takes care of these people? 

They have upped their margins and played with the cost of connects, all in the name of "getting better quality offers for us freelancers" and yet the feed is full of spammers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Short answer: because the clients are the ones bringing the cash 

Long answer: because UW is too short-sighted to realize that without the freelancers, clients won't bring cash 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Flgging means that Upwork might remove them eventually, but it doesn't mean they will keep the client from posting them again, or from spamming the same job repeatedly.

edisonvdp
Community Member

It seems logical to me that after a number of posts are flagged, Upwork should have a second look at the client in question don't you think?

Yes, I do. But the problem is that even if they do ban that client, they can just sign up again using a different email address because Upwork doesn't verify a client's identity in the same way they do a freelancer's.

Then maybe they should do some basic KYC ... 

Why is everything done to make it easier for clients and not for freelancers?

Short answer: because the clients are the ones bringing the cash 

Long answer: because UW is too short-sighted to realize that without the freelancers, clients won't bring cash 

yofazza
Community Member

Twisted answer: FLs are expendables.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths