Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't there a client success score?

jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
11 of 23

I only rated him well because my feedback to him shows up on MY profile and I don't want bad feedback from me on DiSPLAY  on MY profile because people don't know the whole story and it looks bad. This is the problem. Why should my feedback to someone else show on my profile as well as the clients profile? This is the reason people aren't honest and there has to be a private feedback option and subsequently contradictory feedback. I gave him much lower there but where does that show up for him? I don't think it's any future clients business to know issues I had with other clients Just as I don't think they should have to know how much I earned. If I have good feedback for them to view, isn't that enough? If we all could just have our feedback show up only on the other persons profile, it will help the issue that caused them to create the JSS in the first place - that so many people have all 5s. It's a red flag when you see a client gave bad feedback to another freelancer and I am sure it's the same for freelancers so people are reluctant to do it. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 23

Well, I agree with you there. That's why I have a rule never to rate clients. It looks bad. I probably would have broken my rule on that one, but that's just me.

jessicasimko
Community Guru
13 of 23

Oh...and the ONLY reason I am not my normal strong self here is because of the JSS score. You argue with a client, and they can lower your score causing you to not get jobs anymore which is why I am adamant about getting rid of it. I can handle one bad feedback score but the JSS is a whole other ballgame. It's even a requirement for many jobs (must have over 90%) so I feel like I have to take it. It's so out of the norm for me to just "take it" too which is why I am so upset on here...lol

lysis10
Community Guru
14 of 23

@Jessica S wrote:

Oh...and the ONLY reason I am not my normal strong self here is because of the JSS score. You argue with a client, and they can lower your score causing you to not get jobs anymore which is why I am adamant about getting rid of it. I can handle one bad feedback score but the JSS is a whole other ballgame. It's even a requirement for many jobs (must have over 90%) so I feel like I have to take it. It's so out of the norm for me to just "take it" too which is why I am so upset on here...lol

Honestly, the best way to handle jobs is to just do what you would do if there was no JSS. Money should be your concern along with doing the job well. JSS doesn't pay the bills. If you focus on what is important (do job well, get paid) any hiccups with bad clients will be negligible. Anyone who works on here regularly has a horror story, so it's totally understandable to be upset (what that guy did to you was *Edited for Community Guidelines* up). But if you let the JSS control everything, these people will walk all over you.

For the most part, clients just want something done and aren't out to screw anyone. We just want to be paid. There is always some jerk who wants to put a wrench in your well oiled machine, but it's rare for the most part.

jessicasimko
Community Guru
15 of 23

I agree but I still can't get it out of my head that pushing the issue over $75 isn't worth him giving me terrible feedback and me never getting work again because it dropped my JSS too low.  That's how I feel I have to measure it - the client has all the power. I think once you have a good number of great reviews, one bad one won't have near the impact as a low JSS score has. My issue is based a lot on the fact that I have only 11 reviews. One bad feedback is a big hit when 11 is the total number. 

lysis10
Community Guru
16 of 23

I definitely understand your point. Was this guy happy with the work? It sounds like he was testing you. He threw it out there to see what would happen. Unless you got a vibe that he wasn't happy, there is a likelihood that he would have rated you well anyway but was trying his luck. Pretty crappy over $75. I would probably file a complaint on ripoffreport with his name. If he's job hunting, he won't like that very much.

jessicasimko
Community Guru
17 of 23

He was very happy with it and gave me 5 stars. I did respond telling him exactly how long it took me to do it and that I didn't want to make a huge issue of it but this was a fixed rate job where we agreed on the rate. He then said "ok, thanks for the great work!" and just closed it and paid it out with no further discussion. Me saying "I don't want to make a huge issue of it" was just me trying to save my JSS and I should never have to do that because of this JSS score that with one bad hit can seriously hurt my chances of future work. At the time, I only had 7 reviews. 

lysis10
Community Guru
18 of 23

Ripoffreport ranks very well in Google. Smiley Wink

kankennon
Ace Contributor
Jason D Member Since: Dec 8, 2015
19 of 23

I look at JSS standing for the same thing here as it does in The Walking Dead:

Just Survive Somehow

jessicasimko
Community Guru
20 of 23

Haha...so true!

but really... Making FREELANCERS responsible for and penalized for idle contracts is the most mind boggling thing I ever heard! I don't think a contract could literally ever go idle, for a lengthy period of time, on the fault of the freelancer. What client, who is all over any one job, and needs it done, will sit and wait for a freelancer for 30-60-90 days?!  That when a contract goes idle, it's a sure bet that the client has been emailing the freelancer daily for THIRTY days and just waiting......  How can that happen? If the client is involved and wants and needs the work done, he or she will be pissed off, close the contract (well before 30 days!)  refuse to pay and hire someone else. If a contract goes idle it's clearly because the client either walked away and forgot to close it or is too busy to communicate or is holding on to it to assign more work later. But the freelancers JSS score DROPS because of it and we have to spend valuable work hours chasing clients down and begging them to close contracts and leave feedback.  If this awful JSS is gonna stay, then idle contracts closed with no feedback should simply be neutral - not count for nor against the freelancer. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS