🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why its hard to get a client here.
Page options
eddiegato0153
Community Member

Why its hard to get a client here.

Why its hard to get a client here.? My 80 connects run out but I did not win any bid. Im a newbie here. If you have agency that accept newbie with Expert Skill, Im happy to work with you.

4 REPLIES 4
jamilumer
Community Member

Upwork has a large pool of freelancers competing for projects. To stand out, create a compelling profile that highlights your skills, experience, and past successes. Use a professional photo and write a concise yet impactful summary. 

Also, I tried to check your profile and it is private.  Clients often prefer freelancers with a proven track record. You have to make your profile public and show your portfolio. If you're just starting, consider taking on smaller projects to build a positive reputation. Request feedback from clients promptly after completing a job to enhance your profile. An incomplete or poorly crafted profile may discourage clients. Fill out all sections, showcase relevant skills, and add a professional portfolio. Make sure your profile is tailored to the specific services you offer.

There are also a number of reasons of no winning the bid. These would be Pricing Issues, Limited Experience or Reviews, Limited Niche or Skills, Ineffective Proposals, Lack of Certifications or Upwork Tests, Inconsistency in profile, etc.

Thank you so much for your response. I will apply what you've said. Making my profile visible cost connect. Becuase I prioritzed sending bids tha  making it visible. Im just waiting for the monthly connects that upwork allocate.

aa15fbb3
Community Member

Securing your first few clients on freelancing platforms can indeed be challenging, especially when you're just starting out. Here are some reasons why it might be challenging and some tips to improve your chances:

1. Competition:

• Freelancing platforms have a large pool of freelancers, and competition can be intense, especially in popular categories. It takes time to build a reputation and stand out among the crowd.
  2. Establishing Trust:

• As a newcomer, clients may be hesitant to hire you without a track record or reviews. Building trust takes time, so be patient and focus on providing excellent service once you secure a job.
  3. Profile Visibility:

• New freelancers might not appear as prominently in search results compared to more established freelancers. Make sure your profile is complete, well-optimized, and includes relevant keywords.
  4. Proposal Quality:

• Crafting high-quality, personalized proposals is crucial. Tailor each proposal to the specific job, highlighting how your skills and experience match the client's needs.
  5. Portfolio and Skills Showcase:

• Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work. Clients often make decisions based on the quality of your past projects. Use your portfolio to demonstrate your expertise.
  6. Connect Usage:

• Be strategic in how you use your connects. Apply to jobs that align closely with your skills and experience. Avoid mass-applying to every job without considering if it's a good fit.
  7. Specialization:

• Consider specializing in a niche or a specific skill set. This can make you more attractive to clients looking for specialized expertise.
  8. Networking:

• Engage with the Upwork community, both on the platform and through other channels. Networking can lead to opportunities and provide valuable insights.
  9. Agency Opportunities:

• While there might be agencies on the platform, joining an agency may not be the only solution. As a freelancer, focus on building your individual profile and reputation.
  10. Client Communication:

• Clearly communicate your skills, expertise, and how you can add value to the client's project. Prompt and professional communication can make a positive impression.

Remember, building a successful freelance career takes time and persistence. Keep refining your approach, seeking feedback when possible, and adapting to the dynamics of the platform. As you gain experience and positive reviews, your chances of securing projects will likely improve.

Thank you sir. I will apply this. and hopefuly i will get  notices.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members