🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why jobs still in searches after hiring?
Page options
diana-arous
Community Member

Why jobs still in searches after hiring?

I've been here for a long time, but rarely in the community dicsussion so forgive me if this has been asked and answered before.

But why when i search for jobs and i find one, in the stats it says 'Hires: 1' when the job clearly needs one freelancer, then the job is done! why is it still searchable? i find it to be a waste of time leaving it there!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's not necessarily a waste of time. Like Petra said, sometimes the client is hiring more than one freelancer and/or sometimes the first freelancer doesn't work out. I've applied for these job before and been hired; it's rare, but if it's a good fit and you have the bids you shouldn't let it stop you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Diana A wrote:

But why when i search for jobs and i find one, in the stats it says 'Hires: 1' when the job clearly needs one freelancer, then the job is done! why is it still searchable?

Because the client opted not to close it.

You do not know that the job is done. The client may want more options, the first freelancer may not work out, there may be more jobs....

Diana A wrote:

i find it to be a waste of time leaving it there!

Then simply don't apply to such jobs. Problem solved.

Then simply don't apply to such jobs. Problem solved.

Of couse i'm not gonna apply to them -__- it's a waste of time to just open it and read it and check if it's hired or not. when it could be easily avoided. but i guess if he client might not like the freelancer they got it's better to leave it

It's not necessarily a waste of time. Like Petra said, sometimes the client is hiring more than one freelancer and/or sometimes the first freelancer doesn't work out. I've applied for these job before and been hired; it's rare, but if it's a good fit and you have the bids you shouldn't let it stop you.

Jared K wrote:

Yeah i get that now, thanks 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members