cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my contract with my client is put on hold?

maricelrocha
Maricel R Member Since: Oct 13, 2016
1 of 7

My Contract with my client was put on hold. What are possible causes of this incident? Will I be paid for the hours I worked for him?

Thanks

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 7

re: "Will I be paid for the hours I worked for him?"

Yes.

As long as you logged time properly.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
3 of 7

re: "My Contract with my client was put on hold. What are possible causes of this incident?"

Maybe it has been too long (over a month) since you logged time on the contract.

Maybe the client intentionally paused the contract, in order to prevent you from logging any more time.

Maybe there was a problem with the client's billing method, and Upwork put the contract on hold until they can verify that they can bill the client for the time you work.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 7

You should communicate with your client to see if they paused it for some reason, and also look out for any emails from Upwork Customer Support in case they contact you regarding an issue with the client's account. In the meantime, you shouldn't do any further work on the contract.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
5 of 7

If you go to the "My Jobs" page, the notation by the contract identifies wether it was Upwork or the client who paused the contract.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 7

@Preston H wrote:

If you go to the "My Jobs" page, the notation by the contract identifies wether it was Upwork or the client who paused the contract.

She is talking about an "on hold" contract, which is completely different to a "paused" contract.
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Maricel,

I see this contract was resumed soon after being temporarily suspended, which you can confirm by visiting the contract details page. Please communicate with your client before resuming work on this contract.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS