cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my job score decreased from 100% to 91% and I have only 5stars review?

b22c6749
Niccolo G Member Since: Jan 31, 2017
1 of 8

I always had 100% job score, now it changed to 91% but all my reviews are 5star!!! Why? Can someone help me and double check?

Thanks

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 8

You only have 9 completed jobs, so any one outcome can hit you hard. My guess is either the last contract you ended had less than great private feedback (lots of clients give 5 stars to avoid "situations" and only "speak their mind" so to speak in private feedback, or your August contract has been idle for a long time. When were you last paid on that?

b22c6749
3 of 8

Hello Petra,

Thanks for the feedback, yes the job from August was left open for a very long time. However, he gave me a good score. The recent job was close last week which was the day I get paid.

So is strange to have all 5 stars and a 91% job score Smiley Sad this is bad for my reputation.

If I ask the client to change something will the job score update?

Thanks

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 8

@Niccolo G wrote:

If I ask the client to change something will the job score update?

Thanks

No. It's pretty unprofessional to ask a client to change feedback, anyway, but in this case it wouldn't help you at all. Clients can only change public feedback, and your public feedback is already 5 stars. Private feedback cannot be changed.

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
BEST ANSWER
5 of 8

Hello Niccolo,

As Petra wrote the most probable culprit is your latest closed contract. He hired 2 people for the same job and the contract of the other person is still open while yours is closed without any written feedback. In my experience if the client works with more than one person with the same contract generally only one of those freelancers get a high rating.

Because you have very small number of completed jobs the private feedback of that client hit you hard. Just complete a couple of small jobs with good rating and it will come back up. 91 is not bad and you can remove its affect on your JSS with your Top Rated status. Just open a ticket if you don't know how.

View solution in original post

b22c6749
6 of 8

Thank you all, Baris, what do you mean here ". ..and you can remove its affect on your JSS with your Top Rated status. Just open a ticket if you don't know how."

Thank you

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
7 of 8

Whenevert I post a link my post is deleted. : (

Niccolo please search "Top Rated Perk: Feedback Removal" from help center. 

(support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Top-Rated-Perk-Feedback-Removal)

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
8 of 8

Hello Niccolo,

I'm sorry to hear that. Here is a link to help you understand the things that may affect your JSS.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS