Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why my job success rate is down ?

parasvashisht
Sunny S Member Since: Aug 11, 2016
1 of 6

Hi Guys,

My all jobs have done successful but still, my job success rate is 92% i am little worry about it. 

Can anyone suggest, why it is happening?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

@Sunny S wrote:

Hi Guys,

My all jobs have done successful but still, my job success rate is 92% i am little worry about it. 

Can anyone suggest, why it is happening?

There's a job that started in December and looks like it has been inactive long enough to have started to hurt your JSS. Because you only have 4 completed contracts you have to be extra careful because everything has a bigger impact.

Get that client to end the contract, if you can't, close it yourself.

parasvashisht
Sunny S Member Since: Aug 11, 2016
3 of 6

Hi,

I have also a question, My client started a contract two month before. I completed the work after sending his one milestone. 

Suddenly he paused the work and came back after 2 months.

Now he is asking to another work on the same project but I was confused about the payment. So I requested him to cancel this contract and restart new one.

He agreed for this but i also got a notification for refunding the money.

The contract was $175 and he gave me 2 milestones $50 + $25. I completed the work for this milestone.

But now the notification came for refund the $100, why should i pay because I did not charge $175 

Please help me, i am worry about it.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Sunny S wrote:

Hi,

I have also a question, My client started a contract two month before. I completed the work after sending his one milestone. 

Suddenly he paused the work and came back after 2 months.

Now he is asking to another work on the same project but I was confused about the payment. So I requested him to cancel this contract and restart new one.

He agreed for this but i also got a notification for refunding the money.

The contract was $175 and he gave me 2 milestones $50 + $25. I completed the work for this milestone.

But now the notification came for refund the $100, why should i pay because I did not charge $175 

Please help me, i am worry about it.

You made a mistake. The client funded $ 175, you were paid $ 50 and $ 25, so there were $ 100 in Escrow, ready for more milestones. When you made the client cancel the contract (bad idea) the client obviously wanted their $ 100 in Escrow back.

Approve the request so the client get their Escrow funds back.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Sunny,

I checked and you haven't received payment previously on the contract your client closed recently. I see you have an open Hourly contract with the same client on which you had logged time and received payments before, so is it possible that you have two contracts for the same job or were you hired for two separate projects by the same client?

The closed Fixed-Price contracts has a pending refund request so I'd suggest speaking with your client and clarifying the confusion with the two contracts before responding to the request. Note that in case you approve the refund, your client will still be able to provide private feedback for the contract, which will be included in your Job Success Score calculation. Make sure to ask your client to close the Hourly contract as well if they don't have more work for you.

Untitled
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Sunny,

Make sure you communicate with your clients and ask them to close your contract if additional work isn't expected in the near future. Inactive contracts can start to negatively affect your score after a prolonged period of time. Also, note that private feedback your clients leave is also included in the score's calculation.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS