🐈
» Forums » Support » Why my project is not being approved.
Page options
hemayet_mondol
Community Member

Why my project is not being approved.

hello I have problem I have created a project but my project is not being approved. I don't understand why my project is not being approved. I would have benefited if you had pointed out my mistakes. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad and Hemayet, 

I'm sorry to hear about your projects being rejected. Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your projects before resubmission of them. 

You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

418 REPLIES 418
celgins
Community Member

That's odd. The email messages usually state why the project was not approved. See screenshot.

celgins_0-1680877813803.png

1c13be9f
Community Member

Yeah, I have no idea why here's what my email says

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi George,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
590ad994
Community Member

Hello!

I created a project catalog about 12 days ago and it is still under review. I did my research and found out that it only takes Upwork five working days to approve projects. Is there a reason why my project is still under review after 12 days?

Please, I need answers.

Can anyone help me out here? I am really confused. I need to know the reason my project have not been approved after 12 days.

Hi Darasimi,

We sincerely apologize for the delay and confusion. Our team had an increase in the number of submitted projects and reviews are currently taking a minimum of 10 business days.

Rest assured that all project submissions will be addressed on a first-in, first-out basis. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

We would appreciate your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
866c55b4
Community Member

Hi I submitted my project on 1st April its been 13 days and my project is still ender review kindly approve my project asap

a37478e4
Community Member

I have submitted my project catalog "You will get retro vintage graphics t-shirt design" is not approved because they told me "This type of job isn’t permitted on Upwork" But I can't understand why. Anybody can help me?

Hi Banya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the team has shared with you the very reason why your project was not approved. Please copy the link that our team has provided to see the screenshot.

Please be advised that providing free work in any form is not allowed on Upwork. 

To learn more, kindly check this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork

I'm sorry to hear about the rejection of your project catalog on Upwork. It's possible that the specific project type you're trying to create is against Upwork's policies or guidelines for your account. To address this issue, I recommend reaching out to Upwork's customer support for clarification and assistance. They can provide insights into the specific reasons for the rejection and help you understand if there are any restrictions on your account that may be causing this issue. It's important to adhere to Upwork's terms and policies to ensure a smooth experience on the platform.

To start, you should upload your own profile picture instead of using photos of online influencers (yes, the current pic is found on several different social media profiles across the internet). Secondly, take some time to review the TOS to find out what project types are allowed and which are not. After reviewing this information, if you still feel that whatever you are trying to upload falls within the approved list, you will then need to contact customer support. 

This is a user forum. We have no access to viewing whatever it is you are trying to upload and won't be able tell you why you are being blocked. Good luck!

277745de
Community Member

I also have submitted my project catalog tomorrow but it is still pending.What's the problem?Please solve this.Also i didn't get any email.

Hi Moktarina,

I checked your account but I don't see any Catalog Projects under review. I do see a couple that have been accepted, however. Could you please confirm if you were referring to one of those?

~Andrea
Upwork
mohsin013
Community Member

Dear Concerns, 

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my concern regarding the repeated rejection of my consultation requests on Upwork. This is the third time my request has been declined, despite my status as an expert-vetted freelancer with a proven track record. I am perplexed as to why my requests are consistently being rejected, especially when I have successfully trained and enabled my junior, whose consultation is now active on the platform.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide me with an explanation for these rejections. Understanding the reason behind this pattern would be immensely helpful for me to address and rectify any potential issues that may be affecting my profile or requests.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards,

Fahad 

Hello Muhammad,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5de743f5
Community Member

Hello, they sent this message. And I want to know what it means?  Could it be because I put my Linkedin URL in the Catalog Project? I would be grateful if you could inform me. I await an answer. Thanks 

• Misused/Unclear project summary Your project summary is where you can add more details about your offering and why clients should work with you. Use this area to dive into more detail and explain what sets you and your project apart. The description should help the client get a sense for what they'd get if they buy this project. For project approval process, please click here You may edit and resubmit your project by clicking the button below. Please contact upwork support for more help

Hi Maria Cristina,

It seems like you received a notification about the result of the review of your project catalog. We'll go ahead and check with our team and return here as soon as I hear back from them. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Maria Cristina,

As advised by our team, it looks like you included information in another language in your project summary. Please know that you may include information in another language as long as it is also translated into English.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths