🐈
» Forums » Support » Why my project is not being approved.
Page options
hemayet_mondol
Community Member

Why my project is not being approved.

hello I have problem I have created a project but my project is not being approved. I don't understand why my project is not being approved. I would have benefited if you had pointed out my mistakes. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad and Hemayet, 

I'm sorry to hear about your projects being rejected. Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your projects before resubmission of them. 

You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

418 REPLIES 418

Hi, I created a project on 08 Sep 2022, My project is not being approved.

Anyone can tell me when my projects will be approved?

91f77365
Community Member

Hi Bojan, this problem also occurred with me, i've submitted my completed catalog on 26th aug, & upwork says it takes maximum 5days, after that they will approve or discard the catalog with proper reasons, but it's 1st September & my catalog isn't approved yet & upwork isn't replied if my catalog is rejected. Please review this concern, i appreciate your time, thank you.

Hi Deependu,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the project you've submitted. Should any modifications are needed, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit your project for approval.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b87fbf82
Community Member

Why my project is not being approved. its been 6 days now. Please let me know what is the exact probelm of my project?

Hi Najmin,

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. Please note that it can normally take up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

That said, our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the project you've submitted in case it goes over the regular time frame. Should any modifications be needed, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit your project for approval. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

~ AJ
Upwork
3cf03eae
Community Member

Hi,

I created a project on 13 February 2023. My project is not published yet by Upwork. Could you please help me? 

Hi Md Jamiul,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that all projects listed under the 'Under review' tab were submitted on Feb 26th. Please allow 5 business days for the team to review your submission.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ab6d512d
Community Member

Actually, I have the same issue. Is there something wrong with my project as well, or simply there is not enough people to review it? Some feedback is more than welcome

Hi Elisabetta,

We review all project listings, including consultations, before publishing them on Project Catalog to help ensure a quality platform that helps you attract quality clients, and we promote Project Catalog on client pages.

If you're wondering how you can boost your chances of having your project accepted and catching a future client’s eye, we suggest you check this article for some pro tips for building your best project.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b2ca1ca3
Community Member

hello I have problem I have created a project but my project has not being approved. I don't understand why my project is not being approved for the past 18days. Please Upwork help me check it out! 

Thanks

Hi Fatoki,

Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely apologize for the delay as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. However, I went ahead and submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your Project review. Kindly expect an update on the status of your submission momentarily. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4e83e6b6
Community Member

Hello I have created a project but my project is not being approved although it's across 3 days. I request to review as early as possible and suggest me my mistakes. Thanks

My Project 

Hi Tahamina,

Apologies for the delay as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review your projects. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ AJ
Upwork
dan1307
Community Member

Hello! I understand that the Upwork team is currently swamped with reviewing a multitude of projects, and I hope this message finds you well. I submitted a project on March 21st and it is still pending as of April 4th. I was wondering if there's any way the community could lend a hand? As an archviz artist, I would be more than happy to help review projects and provide my expertise. Perhaps Upwork could offer free connects as a way to motivate other artists to assist as well. Thank you for considering this suggestion, and I appreciate all the hard work you do to ensure a smooth and efficient platform.

d813eeac
Community Member

Dear Bojan,

I've created two projects and met all the guidlines to the best of my knowledge but neither my projects got approved nor did I receive any kind of updates on them when will they get accepted?

Kindly resolve my issue

e5cf79eb
Community Member

What about pendings ? Why does it take so long to approve a project. As upwork company is not small so they should handle it quickly? Or put some techniques that can analyze the projects quickly as the world is surrounding with AI isnt it time that upwork should try some too?

Hi Mukadus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have an increase in the number of submitted projects and reviews are currently taking a minimum of 10 business days.

Rest assured that teams are working around the clock to make sure that all project submissions are addressed and should be on a first-in, first-out basis. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mohsin013
Community Member

Hi Bojan, I never used unprofessional pictures. Few months back I used an expired medicine and my face looked terrible. So the only option I have is to use the pictures I already have. Is there any solution to this?

Hi Muhammad I am having the same problem in creating a project Kindly tell how have you resolved this issue?

rakib_tusar
Community Member

I just submit a project but every time Upwork team add need changes purpose with the image problem

please help

Hi Rakibul,

Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your project before resubmitting. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
3f32e874
Community Member

Hi! I've been trying to submit my project for revision but it always says NEEDS CHANGES but it doesn't say which ones...where can I find out? Thanks

Hi Cheily,

Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your project before resubmitting. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Ali,

It seems like you have already received the notification about your project status. Please follow the instructions provided to you. You should have also received an email to the email address associated with your Upwork account that contains tips on how you can update the project before resubmitting. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
67d0a233
Community Member

1. Hello,

I created 2 projects on July 6. They are still pending approval. How long does it take to get a project approved or not?

Hi Sabera,

Thanks for reaching out. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fad7ac82
Community Member

Hi all, 

I created three projects, and two of them were rejected more than once asking for updating the projects according to some feedback. I searched here and there a lot for the feedback to know what is the problem with my projects but I couldn't find the feedback. Thanks for your help in advance. 

Hi Asmat,

You can find suggestions on how to improve your project before resubmitting in the email that our team has sent you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
kirstybrodie
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to create a project using the project catalog.  My project has been rejected twice because the photo I uploaded does not meet requirements.  I am puzzled by this because I replaced the photo with a designed logo before I submitted my project for review the second time.  My project is for transcription.  Can anyone possibly tell me what kind of photo I should be uploading so I may try and submit my project again.  

Many thanks

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty,

The intention is that the images support the project by making it look more professional and represent the type of work or service being offered. It's best to use images with minimal text. You can check sites like www.canva.com or www.unsplash.com to help you find or create great images to represent your work and skills!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your advice.  I tried to make my photo look more professional by creating a logo however this was also rejected.  I'm really struggling to think of an image which would represent my transcription services and be approved.  If you could possibly suggest the type of image which is required.

Thanks

Kirsty

Kirsty, I wouldn't be able to advise any specifics. It might be a good idea to perform a search of existing Catalog projects in your category for some inspiration on what kind of image you could create for your own project.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, thank you so much for your reply.  Your information has been very helpful.  Thanks for all your help.

Kirsty

dipuq
Community Member

My Project catalog is pending for long. What can i do now?
And why is my feed not refreshing at once?

Hi Mahmudul,

Regarding your project, I can see it was submitted for review on May 21st. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. 

Regarding your feed, could you please try adjusting it by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dipuq
Community Member

Thank You Luiggi. Delighted to obtain your support.

shahzainahmed
Community Member

Hi Shahzain,

Thanks for reaching out. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

~ Joanne
Upwork
devnath_shovo
Community Member

Can anyone tell me why my project catalog was not approved? Please give me some tips

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths