cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not Upwork cancel the jobs under which no interview is conducted for 5 days?

junaidiqbal83
Junaid I Member Since: Oct 11, 2017
1 of 10

I want to ask that why Upwork is not creating Freelancer friendly policies. e.g I have applied for 5 jobs and none of the clients undergo even one interview. They even donot view job again since the time of creating job. So my 10 connects are lost due to the non serious jobs posted there. Why freelancer sacrifice their connects for non serious clients????

I think Upwork has to monitor all job post, If 5 days have passed then cancel this type of job posts and give back connects to freelancers. 

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
2 of 10
I've had more than one client message me to interview or hire me weeks or even months after they've seen my proposal. In fact I've worked with four who have done this and am currently working with another, so that's probably why.

Not that there aren't a high number of jobs that never hire. There are. But if those jobs had closed five days after they were posted, I'd be out of a lot of money.

You can look at the client's history do see if they have a low hire rate and if that's the case, don't apply to the job. That's what I do. I know it's frustrating to spend connects for no reason. Just be very selective about what jobs you apply to. Make sure that you're positive you can do them before applying instead of applying to every job you might be able to do. That is what helped me not run out of connects early.

Upwork won't do anything because sometimes money does materialize from such posts.
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 10

Probably because so many good clients hire people after two weeks, or three, or a couple of months.

I've made thousands of dollars on Upwork from clients who took several weeks to hire, and know many others who have, too.

Arguably, those are much more serious clients than the ones who are in a rush to grab the first competent freelancer and knock something out.

Plus, giving more connects back to freelancers would just drive more clients off the platform without hiring.

junaidiqbal83
4 of 10

Thanks

m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
5 of 10

Hi Junaid,

Once you make the proposal, forget about it. Do not be aware of it.
You will only spend your nerves!
I received a message today from a potential client to whom I sent a proposal two weeks ago.
I do not know if it will go ahead but, if Upwork did what you say, this possible work would not exist.

junaidiqbal83
6 of 10

Thanks.Yes i wiil have to do what you mention...But its true other freelancer sites have no connects system

m_terrazas
Community Guru
7 of 10

@Junaid I wrote:

Thanks.Yes i wiil have to do what you mention...But its true other freelancer sites have no connects system

In another, where I usually work, I also have connections, less than here (15) and the rates are higher. In addition to that, there is no discount on the rates according to the amount won with each client.
In others, they do not exist, but, in general, the rates are higher, there are fewer withdrawal options and the offers are worse.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
8 of 10

Maria, maybe you should use Spanish only when you PM someone directly, otherwise the rest of us are somehow left outside the conversation.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
m_terrazas
Community Guru
9 of 10

Robot Embarassed A fail.
As I am not a good speaker of English, I usually check if what I have written has any breakdown and I have become confused when copying.

Sorry.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
10 of 10

Lol :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS