cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not receiving invitations anymore ?

Md Khorshed A Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1 of 8

I recieved last invitaiton at April 2018. 
I was not active regular basis at upwork for 6 month after April 2008. I start applying to job from middle of November 2018.
I strangly found I did not recieve job invitaion anymore. Is there any specific issue on my profile?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 8

@Md Khorshed A wrote:

I was not active regular basis at upwork for 6 month after April 2008. I start applying to job from middle of November 2018.
I strangly found I did not recieve job invitaion anymore. Is there any specific issue on my profile?

The first things a client looking at your profile are:

• not done anything for over a year
  • the only job done in the last 2 and a half years ended with catastrophically bad feedback
  • No Job Success Score

Take a step back. Put yourself in a client's shoes.

Would you invite yourself?

Gabriela F Member Since: Feb 25, 2017
3 of 8

Hi,

I have worked on Upwork, 

I have a 98% job success (a few days ago was 100% even though I have only successful collaboration) and great reviews but still, no invitations for over 6 months. 

How is this possible?

Thank you.

Rafeh G Member Since: Feb 23, 2014
4 of 8

I am facing the same issues as Gabriela. No invites at all. Even if I search myself among freelancer even narrowing the search results based on my location and to match my profile (which a client will never do) still I am listed somewhere on the 4th or 5th page while the first page is full of zero earning or low rated freelancers .   

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 8

Hi Rafeh, 

Results vary depending on the type of profile used to conduct the search, since a number of factors are taken into account. Clients will always get a different search result for the same keyword/filters than freelancers using the same parameters. In addition, freelancers are regularly rotated in search results and the order the profiles are displayed in will change every couple of weeks.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
6 of 8

Gabriela F wrote:

Hi,

I have worked on Upwork, 

I have a 98% job success (a few days ago was 100% even though I have only successful collaboration) and great reviews but still, no invitations for over 6 months. 

How is this possible?

Thank you.

No one is guaranteed invites, even with a high JSS. Maybe clients haven't found you in search results. Maybe few people are hiring in your work category. Maybe the clients who did find you in search didn't want to invite you. No one knows for sure why you aren't getting invites.

Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 8

hi

i had the same issue since last 2 months but now started to get invitations again but not at same rate like earlier...i also i have no idea what the issue is ? 

i have 97% jss with over 1000+ excellent feedbacksSmiley Sad

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
8 of 8

Md Khorshed A wrote:

They are testing a feature where the client has to pay if he wants to send out more than 3 invitations, no idea if they are still doing that or in which areas. 

Plus, as Petra said, at this time you realistically should not expect to receive invitations at all, there are vast number of freelancers offering the same skills with much better JSS. You can recover from it, but it's going to be hard, and you will have to rely on writing perfect proposals to potential clients, plus, of course, delivering flawless results.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS