🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why so low jss on my profile ?
Page options
2b9daefa
Community Member

Why so low jss on my profile ?

Hello,

surprisingly i got JSS score today on my profile but it was 68% only which i was not expecting.

i have 3 completed jobs and 3 in progress jobs,

in completed jobs my 2 feedbacks was good, just on 1 job client gave me bad ratings due to mistake, even he told me about that in private he gave 1 star which he was not able to change and in pub he gave 3.5, other wise in other 2 completed jobs it was good 5 star and 4.15 star,

but in progress jobs, my all 3 jobs going very much well, even 2 jobs are long term with high payouts as compare to all previous jobs Plus consistantly regular earnings from months 

so the thing is why am getting too loww jss? jst bcoz of that 1 bad feedback?

does in progress long term jobs doesnt matter in jss?

and how can i change jss in how long? from in progress jobs if any client close and give good feed backs, so can my jss can be change? in 2 week? or in how long jss changes, 

pls suggest am panic with this JSS 68% is too low it can stop getting me projects 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Satish K wrote:

so is that okay? if i ask my any in progress client to close and give feed back?  

Yes, there is nothing wrong with doing that.

Satish K wrote:

and 1 more thing, does it make difference if High earn job close and low earn job? means if on low earn job client gaev bad feed back, but on High earnings job close client gave 5 star and good feed backs so so does it make difference and good impact on JSS? 

A job with higher earnings weighs a bit more than one with lower earnings, for better or for worse.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Satish K wrote:

so the thing is why am getting too loww jss? jst bcoz of that 1 bad feedback?

Basically 2 out of your 3 clients considered their project a success, one did not. two thirds is 67%.

4.15 also indicates that the client wasn't entirely happy. The average (!) on Upwork is 4.9. The majority of clients leave 5 stars unless the freelancer was a complete disaster,

Satish K wrote:

does in progress long term jobs doesnt matter in jss?

Long term contracts help the JSS a little after 3 months of activity (regular payments).

Satish K wrote:

from in progress jobs if any client close and give good feed backs, so can my jss can be change? in 2 week? or in how long jss changes, 

The JSS is updated every 2 weeks on a Sunday afternoon/evening.

2b9daefa
Community Member

so is that okay? if i ask my any in progress client to close and give feed back? and hire me again on new job? to improve my jss? bcoz he is fully satisfied and extremly happy, 

and 1 more thing, does it make difference if High earn job close and low earn job? means if on low earn job client gaev bad feed back, but on High earnings job close client gave 5 star and good feed backs so so does it make difference and good impact on JSS? 

petra_r
Community Member

Satish K wrote:

so is that okay? if i ask my any in progress client to close and give feed back?  

Yes, there is nothing wrong with doing that.

Satish K wrote:

A job with higher earnings weighs a bit more than one with lower earnings, for better or for worse.

My JSS is also very low, I have all 4 projects done after getting started - Received 3 feedbacks from clients and 1 project canceled (it's not showing). But my JSS became 55% now even though I can see they all wrote 5 stars on my profile. 

Volodymyr K wrote:

My JSS is also very low, I have all 4 projects done after getting started - 

It's not a "Job Completion Score" - It's a "Job Success Score".

The public feedback doesn't mean much in terms of impact on the JSS, the private feedback is what really counts. Private feedback left on cancelled contracts is also included in your JSS calculation.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths