cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some clients after post a job not come to hire?

nicoleta_liana_p
Petrut N Member Since: Jan 23, 2017
1 of 17

Hello.

I'm so disappointed because I have submitted for many proposal works and nobody hired me till yet. I always submit for the clients with verified payment. What is worse is that when I go to see the job post for what I have submitted to the client what it posted the job, I see that one ( ex. Last viewed by the client ) isn't come to see the submitted proposals of the freelancers from that day when posted the job. My asking is: Why the client post a job and after not coming to see the proposals? Can someone explain to me why it happened things like that? 

Thank you!

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 17

There are a lot of possibilities. One is that the client hired someone right away and didn't close the job. Another is that the client hired someone somewhere else--many clients post on multiple platforms and job boards at the same time. A third is that the client connected with someone willing to work off platform and went that route. Then, of course, there are the less common scenarios that undoubtedly explain some of the abandonments--budget fell through, project got back-burnered, client got super-busy and hasn't had a chance to follow up, etc.

ETA: I took a look at your profile, and there are many obstacles to being hired:

You are offering services as a writer and translator, but there are at least six obvious grammatical errors in your one-paragraph overview.

You have misrepresented your English as fluent (and presumably your Italian as well, since that designation does not match the description of your Italian skills in your overview)

Your English is definitely not strong enough to be translating anything into English, and the long list of language combinations that you are offering makes it clear that you are not a professional translator.

Choose one thing that you can actually do very well, create your profile accurately around that one thing and bid only on those jobs.

View solution in original post

nicoleta_liana_p
Petrut N Member Since: Jan 23, 2017
3 of 17

Thank you, Tiffany, for all the explanations. I'll review my profile and will do some changes there.

Thank you again.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 17

"I speak English and Italian at the fluent level"

uhhh, no.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
5 of 17

When clients see the profiles of some of the applicants, no wonder they run and never come back.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
6 of 17

Eight people out of 1000 die every day. Some of those are likely to be Upwork clients at some point. Upsetting, but inevitable due to the confines of current day medical science. But as The Fred once told me, on the theme to the 1986 seminal classic, 'Highlander'... 'Who wants to live forever?'

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 17

@Scott E wrote:

Eight people out of 1000 die every day. 

I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) that that's an annual, not daily, figure.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
8 of 17

Oops, yeah of course. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 17

@Tiffany S wrote:

@Scott E wrote:

I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) that that's an annual, not daily, figure.

According to the CDC's National Vital Statistics Reports, 2,626,418 died in the US in 2014. That's 823.7 deaths per 100,000 population.

Those figures cannot be extrapolated to the whole world because the US is among the countries with the longest lifespan. Globally, the death rates are higher.

But let's just use US stats.

According to Wikipedia, Upwork has 12 million freelancers and 5 million clients. Let's say those figures are accurate.

At the US rate of death, this means that 98,844 Upwork freelancers will die by the end of the year.

This means that there is a 0.82% chance that you won't make it through Christmas. And this repeats itself each year. Means that more years you spend on Upwork, the greater the odds that you will die. After 10 years on the platform, you have beaten a 8.23% probability of death. You shouldn't cry victory, although because this probability figure will only increase from there. You cannot play the Russian Roulette again and again and hope to win indefinitely.

And remember, those are pretty conservative figures based on US death rates. The actual figures are probably worse.

Yeah, the longer you stay on Upwork, the more likely you are to die.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 17

@Scott E wrote:

That would solve the over-population problem so neatly... 4 months down the line all 1000 are gone Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS