cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some clients after post a job not come to hire?

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 17

yes thats true many jobs are being closed without anyone being hired...and you can check this with client history -work in progress to see if client has hired anyone.

but in most of the cases jobs are getting closed/expired wthout anyone being choosen and that is very disappointingSmiley Sad

so if in doubt when job is closed check  CLIENT HISTORY - WORK IN PROGRESS if the project you have bidded is not showing with any freelancer it means no one was selected and its happening in bulk of jobs..

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
12 of 17

@Rahul V wrote:

....so if in doubt when job is closed check  CLIENT HISTORY - WORK IN PROGRESS if the project you have bidded is not showing with any freelancer it means no one was selected and its happening in bulk of jobs..

Or, keep submitting bids for jobs you're qualified to do and are worth the investment of your time and expertise. Don't look back. Don't give submitted bids a second thought. If one of those prospects gets back to you when you're already booked, that's their problem, not yours. Success is many fields may be defined as the ability to turn down work.

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 17

thats pretty encouragingSmiley Happy 

nicoleta_liana_p
Petrut N Member Since: Jan 23, 2017
14 of 17

Thank you, Douglas. Pretty well said. 

nicoleta_liana_p
15 of 17

Thank you, Rahul. You are right. Same happened to me too. Frequently I just find shifted to the archive many jobs for what I have submitted, and those appeared in the closed or expired stage, without any changes or without anyone be hired... and yes this is so disappointed Smiley Sad

paylater
Community Leader
Manish G Member Since: Oct 19, 2015
16 of 17

After 1 month Jobs posted should expire and should not show in search results, but there are many jobs listed which are over 3 months old.  

nicoleta_liana_p
17 of 17

Yes, you said right Manish. I also saw many jobs like this.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS