🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why the Price/ Hours Inconsistency
Page options
ekaterinatrex
Community Member

Why the Price/ Hours Inconsistency

Hello, I work with a client on an hourly contract ($30 per hour), after updating the upwork the money is less than the hours (before everything was correct). Please tell me how to solve this problem. Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
kinector
Community Member

Ekaterina, I think your missing the platform fees. It's all explained here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062538-Freelancer-Service-Fees

Easy enough for anyone to calculate and to take into account.

Better to embed those fees into your rates you pose to your clients.
petra_r
Community Member

Mikko R wrote:
Ekaterina, I think your missing the platform fees. 

No, she isn't. Did you even try to calculate it before you wrote that? The money in the contract is what the client paid anyway, not after fees.

There are indeed 3 hours and 10 minutes missing. The sum equates to 17 hours at $30, but she's worked 20 hours and 10 minutes. 

I have time missing (an hour and a half) from one of mine on the contract view, but ultimately the money I will be paid is correct so it doesn't actually matter. 

Thank you, It's really solvedSmiley Happy
It seems it was a system failure of the upwork

Did you, by any chance, log 3 hours and 10 minutes on that contract last week? In which case the earnings updated when the client was charged a little while ago.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ekaterina,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much, the problem has already been solved, it seems it was a system failure of the Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths