🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why there is too many accounts suspened witho...
Page options
babicdanijela
Community Member

Why there is too many accounts suspened without explanations ? is this reliable workplace ?

I head from many colegues about bloking account and I was reading here that is quite ussualy that acount got blocked without explanation.

I wonder how I can relay on jobs if in any moment I could be blocked lossing my clients, connects and already earned money. 

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

Take the NO REASON rants with a grain of salt.

Many users dont know where thay break the rules. Why there is no any replay explaining what was wrong.
We lost money for a 10days of hard work. You think it is fine and leagal?

Danijela B wrote:
Many users dont know where thay break the rules. 

Then they should learn the rules before they start, so they know what not to do.

Danijela B wrote:
We lost money for a 10days of hard work.

Who is "we?"

Danijela B wrote:
Many users dont know where thay break the rules. Why there is no any replay explaining what was wrong.
We lost money for a 10days of hard work. You think it is fine and leagal?

If you are saying that more than 1 person used the upwork account, no, that is not illegal in any jurisdiction I can think of. 

It is against upworks ToS though, to which you agreed when you created your profile. So it is well within their rights to hold people accountable if they don't comply. 

you see, obviously, you just think in a, let say, not supporting way. 

"We "-  referred to the users of Upwork, the freelancers.

I didn't have any bad intention, if you google a bit, you will see a pretty bad reputation of Upwork due to this issue. 

I wanted to point out the arrogance of some administrators.

Could we think in a way to have any warning or explanation before or after suspension, so we could have a mutual trust?

Danijela B wrote:

Could we think in a way to have any warning or explanation before or after suspension, so we could have a mutual trust?

This forum (and others) is full of people who complain that they've been banned for "no reason" but then as soon as anyone asks them a few questions, it turns out that they were banned for a very good reason. Most of the TOS is just common sense, and a lot of the freelancers who get banned are deliberate scammers. There are freelancers with plagarised profile overviews, stolen portfolio items, obvious lies about their skills and experience, fake locations, reviews that they paid somebody to leave for them, or accounts that they've purchased. There are also multitudes of freelancers who take payments off of the website. The list goes on and on.

Upwork shouldn't have to tell people not to do any of these things, but mostly these freelancers just get off with a warning. I've seen this one guy who's in the forum every few months or so, who has taken payments off the system, lied about his education and experience, been banned once, snuck back in as an agency freelancer, and continued to get terrible reviews (mostly because clients hire him for skills that - surprise! - he doesn't possess). And he's STILL here. From my point of view, Upwork is much too easy on freelancers who violate their TOS, rather than too tough.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members