cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why two filters regarding freelancer's hourly rate?

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
21 of 80

Hi Lena / Garnor / Valeria. hope you had a good weekend. Now it's over, could anyone find any answers to the questions posted last week (see below)?:

You showed how freelancers would have set their experience level when signing up. Yet it appears so far none of the established freelancers on here recall ever having to do that. I certainly don't. So could you please clarify:

a) when that feature was introduced;

b) where it is viible on a profile (I can't see it on mine);

c) How it is possible to access it and adjust it via profile settings, bcause nobody replying so far has been able to find it; and

d) whether this metric that nobody knows about is used to automatically choose people for recommendations.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
22 of 80

Hi Everyone,

I understand your need for clarification and transparency on the experience levels. I personally do not know the answers to all of your questions and so I have reached out to other people to find them out. The delay in responding to this thread is I am waiting for people to get back with me. I do apologize, it has taken longer than I anticipated, but I will update you when I have clarification.

-Lena 

Untitled
Community Guru
23 of 80

Thanks for that Lena. The main thing is, you gave us a screenshot showing how and where the setting as made - but no-one can recall or duplicate that. You may not know all the answers, and I appreciate your intention on finding them out - but in the meantime you must know where you got that screenshot from. is it ony an option on new freelancer contracts opened ater a certain date?

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
24 of 80

The screenshot is from when you create a new freelancer account. I however do not know when this question first appeared in the registration process.

I have also found out that the option is not currently editable and that is why you may not be able to find the setting in your profile. I understand your request to be able to edit experience level and the team responsible for this feature will work on implementing it in our upcoming release(s). It was noted that in the new release ( i dont have a date),  experience level will be single selection. It won't be possible to select multiple experience levels.

-Lena 

Untitled
Community Guru
25 of 80

BUMP BUMP - is anyone from Upwork there?

it's now two weeks since I asked the questions, and one week since I had the last reply, which was basically that nobody seems to know. I think it's reasonable that after two full weeks one of the mods should have been able to come up with the answers to the questions that were asked. The problem hasn't gone away - it's being discussed here.

Just a reminder - this is what I asked two weeks ago:

You showed how freelancers would have set their experience level when signing up. Yet it appears so far none of the established freelancers on here recall ever having to do that. I certainly don't. So could you please clarify:

a) when that feature was introduced;

b) where it is viible on a profile (I can't see it on mine);

c) How it is possible to access it and adjust it via profile settings, bcause nobody replying so far has been able to find it; and

d) whether this metric that nobody knows about is used to automatically choose people for recommendations.

Anyone from Upwork - please???

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
26 of 80
Having newly arrived from Elance, I was not presented with the self-assessment screen, whenever it may have been implemented. I have no idea what level of expertise the system may have assigned me. How can I find out?

Thanks and best,
Michael
Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
27 of 80

Hi Michael, 

I just checked your profile using the public freelancer search. I did not see an experinence level noted. 

Best, 

Julie

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
28 of 80
Thanks Julie,

Neither did I. So the questions to Upwork are:
• Will I get one?
• If so, how?
• How does showing or not showing an experience level affect my visibility and eligibility?

Thanks and best,
Michael
Community Guru
29 of 80

@Douglas Michael

You may be a long time waiting for the answer. I've waited two weeks for the answer to the original questions about this. It seems like another thing that was introduced by someone, sometime, for some reason - but nobody (not even in Upwork) knows who, when, or why.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
30 of 80

Hi Stephen,

We have got confirmation from the team that the experience level isn't used to find a match to clients. So it doesn't impact freelancers' ability to find jobs and the clients ability to find freelancers.

That being said, we understand your request to be able to edit experience level and will work on implementing it in our upcoming releases. Also note that experience level will be single selection. It won't be possible to select multiple experience levels.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS