cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why two filters regarding freelancer's hourly rate?

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
51 of 80

Suzanne, 

you are in the "intermediate" category, because when I type in your name you show in results, but when I turn on one of the filters like "expert" or "entry" you disappear from results. 

Edit: furthermore, when I search you: Customer Service > 4.5 up > Intermediate > $10 - $30 > at least 1000 hours 

you show on 14th page, 

if I turn on filter for location, United States, you show on 4th page.

Everything is ok. You are on the list, if a client doesn't pick other filter than "intermediate".

52 of 80

Vesna,

Thank you, I spent hours with every combination I could think of and couldn't find me in the any category and Pandora was getting the same results as I did. 

Maybe we have a fairy in the background that sprinkled some dust on my profile and managed to get it fixed? 

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
53 of 80

@Suzanne N wrote:

Vesna,

Thank you, I spent hours with every combination I could think of and couldn't find me in the any category and Pandora was getting the same results as I did. 

Maybe we have a fairy in the background that sprinkled some dust on my profile and managed to get it fixed? 

Must be something like that, because I rember this clearly:

• When searching for you, if I had ANY of the experiance filters on, you were not showing in the results at all.
  • More specific even, when I did go through all of the Intermediate freelancers using appropirate search terms and filters (North America, etc), you did not show in the results at all.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
54 of 80

@Vesna M wrote:

Suzanne, 

you are in the "intermediate" category, because when I type in your name you show in results, but when I turn on one of the filters like "expert" or "entry" you disappear from results. 

Edit: furthermore, when I search you: Customer Service > 4.5 up > Intermediate > $10 - $30 > at least 1000 hours 

you show on 14th page, 

if I turn on filter for location, United States, you show on 4th page.

Everything is ok. You are on the list, if a client doesn't pick other filter than "intermediate".

Vesna,

Were you able to find me at all if you did not type in my name? Because I am still unable to find me on any page without my name on the search. 

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
55 of 80

@Suzanne N wrote:
Vesna,

Were you able to find me at all if you did not type in my name? Because I am still unable to find me on any page without my name on the search. 

Yes, I was able to find you without typing your name. On 14th page. Which might change by now already. I'm using Chrome.

I can find you with Silk, on Kindle, too, but after long scrolling.

56 of 80

Well it's Friday. No actual word yet on when we will be able to:

1. Access this Setting

2. Configure this setting properly

Meanwhile, no doubt some people are:

1. Set at an incorrect Level because of initial mis-understanding of the setting

2. Need to adjust the level due to skill upates and upgrades

And some people (Suzanne can't possibly be the only one), who may have never touched the setting to begin with and can't be found via search without searching her NAME. If I was her, I'd be livid.

I'm not found in search easily, but at least I can be found.

There are a few hundred thousand established freelancers who never come to the forums, haven't searched themselves, and no doubt they are wondering why they are not getting invites and having other "newish" issues getting new work.

And, Client's who are looking for something specific are very likely not seeing all the "possible" best cantidates.

<sighs>

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
57 of 80

SIGH Smiley Frustrated

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
58 of 80

oDesk

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
59 of 80

Even though Vesna found me there is still a big issue with this. 

Was this the experience level option that is no longer there? 

ie. How much experience do you have? 

If it was, Who choose my experience level as had not set how many years of experience I had.

If it is not the above, or other

I have Expert Experience level in much of what I do but I am put in Intermediate which is fine, but I am then not seen if someone chooses Expert Only.

I hope they are going to fix this so we have an option to choose which leve we would like to be placed in.

Ace Contributor
Edward G Member Since: Sep 22, 2014
60 of 80

1. I signed up in September 2014.  I remember choosing an experience level somewhere in the process of creating my profile.  I chose either Expert or 30 years, I forget exactly which.

3. The selection buttons for experience level that clients see are labeled with salary ranges.  Entry level is roughly $18 or less, intermediate is roughly $18 to $31, and expert is roughly $31+.  Those are not firm limits, though.  A freelancer can apply to an Expert level job and bid 3 or 4 bucks, and a client can hire that 'Expert'.

2. Upwork is not exactly cross-platform capable.  Features and buttons and menu operations are inconsistent between browsers.  There are some things I can't see or do on Internet Explorer 11 that I can see and do on Firefox 18.  For example, on IE the 'Find Jobs' hint doesn't display in the search box while it does on FF.  The menus and buttons also have browser quirks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS