cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why two filters regarding freelancer's hourly rate?

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
71 of 80
Valeria,

I believe we also know that contractors "bridged" from Elance get no experience level assigned, Confirmation or contradiction would be equally welcome,

Thanks and best,
Michael
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
72 of 80

If I pick an experience level, your name doesn't come up in the search (at any level). But, if I leave experience at "any experience level", then your name will come up so I guess you don't have any experience. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
73 of 80
Thanks, David! (Cue Jimi Hendrix.)
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
74 of 80

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

I understand your frustration with the delay in our responses. Here is the information we are currently able to confirm:

- The experience level can be picked by the freelancer during profile set up.

- Currently it's not possible to change this setting after the profile set up. Although it won't be ready in the immediate future, we will work on a way to allow updating of this setting.

- Clients can filter by experience, but it is not one of the factors we consider when offering Recommended freelancers after a clients posts the job. Instead, we base our recommendations on your work history, skills, and past success working with clients.

Thank you.

Hi Valeria - thank you for your answer. As I am sure you know, allowing freelancers to chose an experience level as part of the profile set up is a fairly new feature. (Could you please find out when exactly it was introduced?) Which means that the vast majority of your established freelancers (those who joined before the introduction of that feature), are at a severe disadvantage. Additionally, many of us have an experience level associated to us without ever having set it. Could you please explain how that happened? It seems it was assigned to us by the system. I am sure you would agree that not showing up in search due to an experience level we didn't even chose to begin with, is bad. You've been here for a while, did you select an experience level when you created your profile? Thanks

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
75 of 80

I suppose this is yet another issue we'll never receive an answer on.

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
76 of 80

I guess it is added because when I logged in into my profile settings (user settings>profile settings) just  now, I can see option to chose entry, intermediate or expert level. It would be great if this new feature  could be announced in a separate post.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
77 of 80

@Natasha M

Thanks a ton, Natasha, for posting this. I rarely look at that area! It would have been weeks or months before I saw this.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
78 of 80

I also see this in profile settings now. Thank you UpWork.

Has anyone clicked on one of these three boxes and tried to changed it after?

79 of 80

@Vesna M wrote:

I also see this in profile settings now. Thank you UpWork.

Has anyone clicked on one of these three boxes and tried to changed it after?

Hey Vesna, haven't seen you around...Smiley Happy

I havent done anything with mine yet. HOWEVER, several people did report that they picked one, then picked another, etc. Only problem is, ONCE you pick one, you can only select either of the other two. Or, said a different way, once you select one, you can't go back to having none selected.

In doing all sorts of things with my profile this week and next, and am not going to update this area of my profile until the other bigs are done.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
80 of 80

Thank you Pandora. Smiley Happy

I'll wait with it a little bit, too.