🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why upwork gave the option of "boosting conn...
Page options
0c9260f7
Community Member

Why upwork gave the option of "boosting connect" while submiting proposals?

I am just curious why upwork has introduced the option " BOOSTING CONNECT" while submitting proposals to clients... I mean, it's not a better option for beginners freelancers (Rising talent)...At the start, they really can't afford to connect fee , or clients don't really judge based on their experience.... 

It's my request that Upwork must think about beginner-level freelancers or even clients who are engaged in small business... And remove the "Boost connect: options for better engagement of customers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
miriam-ocampo
Community Member

Because Upwork it's a business and a business needs to make money and they make money selling connects. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
m_terrazas
Community Member

Huma A wrote:

I am just curious why upwork has introduced the option " BOOSTING CONNECT" while submitting proposals to clients... I mean, it's not a better option for beginners freelancers (Rising talent)...At the start, they really can't afford to connect fee , or clients don't really judge based on their experience.... 

It's my request that Upwork must think about beginner-level freelancers or even clients who are engaged in small business... And remove the "Boost connect: options for better engagement of customers.

If you want to know more, check out this thread.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Feedback/Boost-Your-Proposal-to-the-Top-of-List-March-2022-Update/td...

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

Because Upwork it's a business and a business needs to make money and they make money selling connects. 

I value your opinion Miriam..... But concerning about beginners and new freelancers.... Upwork need to think or give some better benefit... That's where they get more customers to their platform..... 

tlsanders
Community Member

Upwork won't (and shouldn't) think about anything other than what will make them profitable. That's not thinking about beginners who are less likely to land jobs and will charge less (and thus pay less in fees) if they do.

I understand your opinion, Tiffany.... The point here is " Boosting connect" Option gives the professionals and experts an edge to land the job.. (With as many connects)...That's where upwork needs to think or should find a better way for beginners or new freelancers...

Hope UPWORK will solve this issue as well. 

Upwork does not care if a new freelancer or an experienced freelancer gets the job. It makes no difference to them. Why should it?

Upwork does enough for new freelancers. They invested a lot of money in the Academy courses, which are really beneficial to learn how everything works, create a great profile, write good proposals. Any new freelancer who is willing to do their homework and invest some time in his/her own education, will do just fine. You have not taken any of them, you are really missing out. 

Edit: except for your low JSS, your profile looks very good! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths